Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

WFH, it’s Business Cat

15 Likes

After what felt like she was on deaths door and time to call it quits, Princess has woken up today with a new lease of life and is actually playing with a bit of tin foil! She hasn’t played in about a month because all she does is sleep and lay around and moan.

We had a check up with the vets today and I’ve been given a lot more medication to keep her going but I had a proper chat with the vet and said that we don’t want to let her get until she’s too ill and weak and the vet said when it starts to become time, i’ll know. The vet did say that without all the medication, she probably wouldn’t be going still so it’s up to us how long we want to prolong her for but we said we’d take every week as it comes.
Hoping we can keep her comfortable for even a little bit longer.

Also forgot to say, my insurance paid out!! Everyone was saying they wouldn’t but I got £1k back out of the £1,300 bill so that’s taken a load off. But now just added on another £200. This cat needs to get a job! :slight_smile:
Thanks for everyone support here and especially in the MH thread. I really appreciate everyones words and input.
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

https://twitter.com/MissMeowington/status/1167106194466627585

24 Likes

I’m sure you will know when the time is right. We both knew with Tesla, and if the vet hadn’t told us she was just under the weather with a virus and would recover we’d definitely have known with Sirius as well. It’ll be so worth it for both of you to have these last few happy times tho.

1 Like

Who was saying they wouldn’t pay out? Tesco insurance were brilliant with Gizmo.

I think it was ÂŁ3k just for the night the emergency vets saved his life. Then a couple of grand on meds and checks, and I think another ÂŁ1,500 for another MRI scan.

Every cat owner of DiS, if you can get lifetime pet insurance.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: I love her and the way she’s just like “fuck off” at the end <3

This. @anon44830896 you’ll know when the times right.

With Gizmo his back legs went due a blood clot from his heart, luckily we were off work that day so found him straight away. The vet gave us the option of trying to dissolve the clot and operate, but it was very likely it would come back again and then it would be far more painful for him.

So we just knew, we had to let him go.

1 Like

Yep, definitely this. We suspect ours isn’t going to shell out the £1100 Tesla’s death cost us because technically he was already sick before we bought it.

So the vet said that the historical blood work from cats protection showed that she had elevated kidney levels! so my insurance was gonna be void. My vets would have paid all the bill if it was over £1k and then claim on insurance but they couldn’t guarantee the insurance were going to pay it cause of the historical blood work. I had to get cats protection and the vets they use to write a report on it so prove she wasn’t unwell when I adopted her (as they told me she had nothing wrong with her).

Can’t get over how expensive it is! Its mad.

She’s the queen of the casual walk off when the game isn’t going her way and it’s in a “yeah wasn’t bothered with that anyway” :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh right, in that case that’s very good of the insurance company.

Bloody should be at ÂŁ22 a month :smiley:

It’s £25 for just Sooty. It used to be £30 for two of them, so didn’t go down much when Gizmo was taken off the policy.

But I know I’ve got my moneys worth, Sooty is getting older and Gizmos condition could be heredity, I’m not going to risk switching.

Also the non-lifetime policies at ÂŁ10 etc are not worth it.

Neighbourhood floof loafing around on our kitchen window.

20 Likes

Sleepy train cat called minky (one tier)

15 Likes

Sooty doing his best bat impression.

16 Likes

Separated at birth?

3 Likes

Been a week and am now completely besotted with this fella

20190901_165351

28 Likes

I can see why!

1 Like

He is very beautiful!

Is he deaf? Tesla was white and blue eyed and he was deaf, but my mum reckoned (and I’ve no idea how she’d know this bocos she hates cats) that all white blue eyed cats are deaf. And if they’re white with only one blue eye, the ear on that side will be deaf.

Thanks!
Yep! Think he might have a tiny bit of hearing in one ear, but pretty much deaf. He’s got the loudest purr.

2 Likes