Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

Jazz cat reacts to jazz about cats:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRqtLC_jONt/?taken-by=ninetyeightytwo

Misty’s so weird.

5 Likes

Xander is obsessed with the DVD player. To the point that if you pick up ANY remote control, he runs over to the TV area and stares at it. I’ve discovered it’s because he likes the tray coming out and attacking it, he often pulls the DVD out whilst doing this. I can only think he developed this whilst his previous owner had him. So my BluRay player is essentially the most expensive cat toy in the world.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Old picture of the cat prince as a blue eyed scamp because I just saw it and it made my heart hurt

21 Likes

SO ADORABLE IT MAKES MY HEART HURT

In other news: Went to pick up keys etc for the catsitting place today - and learned how to give an insulin shot to a kitty. Will be doing that twice daily for the next ten days.

Was absolutely no sweat though, the moment I picked her up she just started purring and literally did not react to the shot at all, just got comfy on my lap and stayed there. LOVE that cat.

8 Likes

You’re lucky there. Mate of mine had to look after a cat which needed injections. As soon as he put the needle in it bolted and he ended up chasing it round the house with a syringe in its neck.

Just putting flea drops on a cats neck is a job in itself. I wouldn’t like to think how mine would react to an injection.

whenever i’m watching supervet or something and they have to give cats injections i’m like :grimacing: can’t believe they managed it pretty well most times

Where are you based? From some of his behaviour sounds like a stray who was owned, but if you contact your vet they will tell you a nearby shelter. Shame you can’t adopt him as he’s clearly chosen you!

1 Like

Oop in yorkshire. Council have form for not trying very hard to rehome animals. Was talking to the TV yesterday and she said he seems happy enough atm. He’s made a little den outside the flat under this big tree, we’ve set up some food and water bowls for him and yesterday we let him chill in the front hall with the living room door closed so he was in the house but separated from my cat, who actually serms really intrigued by the new guy. They were just looking at each other through the door windows, purring and rolling about showing their bellies to each other. If I knew he’d had his jabs/could afford to pay for them (and a neutering) then based on how mojo has responded so far we’d let him live with us full time, no question.

FWIW, our building is set well back from the road and next to our ground floor flat there’s a patch of woods so him making his den next to ours is ideal since he’s sheltered and well away from cars and people. Plus on hot days we open our front door so he can have a cool and a snooze in our hall.

Ah dang, I’d have volunteered otherwise/would maybe have known something.

Seems happy and sheltered enough from what you say, so that’s good! (My GF’s parents were doing the same for a cat by them for about 18 months and after that they let her in to join the family of 4 other cats)

Yeah i like that idea of informal adoption. If he’s still knocking about come pay day I’m quite tempted to spring for his shots and the op.

1 Like

Yeah, see how he goes! At least it sounds like he’s doing alright, happy fed and sheltered and you’re able to keep an eye out in case anything happens :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

HELLO

21 Likes

Anyone see Tia on supervet? :heart_eyes_cat:

https://m.facebook.com/nfsupervet/photos/a.790831677665698.1073741828.790738344341698/1174469552635240/?type=3

Yaaas. Bring on the cat photos.

1 Like

There are TWO cats and they’re equally adorable so will be spamming a lot. Only got here a few hours ago and we’re already BFFs again (I pretend they remember me from like 2-3 years ago)

I am sure that they not only remember you, but have been looking forward to your return.

1 Like

Perhaps attach a paper collar to him with a note and your phone number. So if the cat goes home they can confirm that he’s got a home or not.

1 Like

I did once spend a full month with them!