Cat Thread šŸˆ (rolling) (Part 1)

Our cat was named ā€œMagicā€ when we got her. Sheā€™s a black cat, but even so. Magic the cat???

1 Like

Her face! Sheā€™s like an owl!

2 Likes

She was definitely on some kind of primal forest alert in the deep snow, very wide eyed & ears pricked

1 Like

My dad wanted to call one of our dogs Magic but my mum flat out refused. Then again he touted Bilbo for me and heā€™s a massive bellend.

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of my mumā€™s cat (who hates snow, rain, any inconvenience, and is basically Mariah Carey in cat form)

22 Likes

Wow, those stripes. Is he/she some sort of tabby/siamese mix or is it just the lighting?

Yes sheā€™s a siamese mix- her brother came out completely siamese looking, and she came out like this, and the other two in the litter were black.

Also she was plain white when she was a kitten and the stripes came in later.

This was her brother (who died)

13 Likes

15 Likes

Definite air of ā€œI do not approve of this snow businessā€

2 Likes

I was with the Pet Emporium which were good for older cats. I was paying about Ā£20 a month and Princessā€™ final vet bill was Ā£1500. They paid about Ā£1100 of it.

I didnā€™t claim much for Sooty as he had no warning signs like Gizmo and there was nothing they could do without him suffering. It cost Ā£288 for the emergency out of hours care and to put him to sleep. I think I claimed when he got an abscess once but nothing significant.

Gizmo on the other hand had his intensive care treatment, drugs for a year, and and a few lung scans. Think we claimed around Ā£7k.

Had anyone successfully stopped their cat from scratching the sofa? Mine hurts my back so much ans really want to get a new one but not if heā€™s just going to tear it up.

Does Fig have a scratching post?

No and worse than the sofa is the carpets (and they have plenty of scratch post options which they will also scratchā€¦ The fucking pricks!).

1 Like

Stopped ours scratching the side of the bed but only by covering it in sticky plastic ā€˜anti-scratchingā€™ sheets and getting an extra scratching pole for the bedroom. She continues to wreck all the carpets though.

1 Like

He does. He tends to scratch the sofa when he doesnā€™t get what he wants, if i make him wait for dinner he head straight to the sofa, staring right at me as he pulls himself along it. Think thatā€™s what he likes about it, being able to lie on his back whilst he scratches

Naughty boy! I had issues with Katie scratching things at first, and I eventually found her post wasnā€™t big enough for her to properly stretch whilst she was scratching. A taller post solved the problem, and she only occasionally claws the carpet now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine idly acts like heā€™s going to dig up a houseplant, or casually pings one of the stones against the edge of the pot to make an annoying noise. 100% because he knows heā€™s not allowed. He doesnā€™t touch them when Iā€™m out.

1 Like

A whole year without my tiny bean! :cry: Still miss her so much and she would have loved us being here during lockdown.

Iā€™d love to get another old indoor cat but it seems quite hard to get info from a shelter. Wish most places listed cats online as I donā€™t want to waste their time calling up

15 Likes