Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling) (Part 1)

I’m so sorry to hear that :frowning: it’s always such a worry.

You’ve done the best thing taking him to the vets though, and fingers crossed it’s just that it’s been hot and is residually muggy. Dory went right off her food and would only have a third of a tin of cat food a day, instead of her usual full tin over two meals, and she’s still not quite back to being a greedy chops.

Will be thinking of you both, keep us updated if you can please <3

Also if they recommended certain foods or products lemme know, cause I might be able to get a discount for you

3 Likes

Aww, thanks - he seems to be getting better, I think, but I’m not sorry I made him suffer the indignity of a thermometer up the bum.

There’s been a few people on the local FB cat group saying their cats are off their food, so possibly the heat, or some kind of cat norovirusy thing going round? Anyway, he’s been back to his food a couple of times, and while he’s not finished it, he’s definitely eating (although in tiny amounts), and is not obviously in distress - looking for pets, sitting in my lap and purring like a train.

He’s a dickhead but I love him.

17 Likes

HANDSOME BOY :heart:

Tbf it could be! A few weeks ago Dory (who’s an indoor cat but apparently you can bring things in on your shoes? And also I do stroke cats when I see them in the street so idk, I’m not a scientist) just started randomly being sick. Was off her food completely, was sick whenever she ate a bit, really worrying stuff. Took her to the vets after 24 hours and she got a check up and an anti sickness injection and has been right as rain since, apart from also being quite off her food since it’s been hot.

I do think there’s a part of them that just enjoys being attention seeking :smiley:

So good he’s been back at his food though, tbf humans are like that when it’s been warm aren’t we? Just have a little nibble here and there.

If he’s on wet food as well as dry maybe just leave out teeny tiny portions at a time and throw them away after half an hour or something, it might even be that flies are getting in and wandering all over it and putting him off.

Dory and I are sending you both hugs and meows!

3 Likes

He seems to be going through phases. He went mad for a bit of tuna for about ten minutes earlier and he happily nommed a couple of Dreamies, and then wouldn’t touch anything for another 8 hours, and then suddenly decided he wanted cat food, and definitely not tuna. He’s drunk a bit too, which is a relief as he’s old and we need to keep an eye on his kidneys. Will probably try and get a vet appointment tomorrow again as I’m worried about him not eating over the weekend, but he still seems well in himself, even if he’s not eating as much.

I’ve been leaving out little bits of food, in different places, with several water bowls, so if he’s built scary associations with his normal food places he can go somewhere else.

Much love to Dory as well.

3 Likes

23 Likes

Got a couple of new wee pals a few days ago.

32 Likes

Looks like an unnervingly cute hydra-type beast

4 Likes

Spinach is pretty confused by Stray

20 Likes

Old cat used to try to go behind the computer to find where the screensaver-fish were kept :smiley:

4 Likes

My sisters daft cat.

23 Likes

I don’t think it’s the cat. :wink:

3 Likes

Kitten blob!

1 Like

Heard my cats roughhousing while I got dressed this morning. When I came into the living room, my copy of The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying was on the floor. It had been properly shelved with the other books, and none of them were disturbed. A message to me somehow?

12 Likes

18 Likes

Neighbour’s cat washing its bum

14 Likes

20 Likes

Lovely walk buddy

20 Likes

I cried my fucking eyes out at this scene :woman_facepalming:
Neither of my cats paid any attention to the game whatsoever.

2 Likes

New engineer in my wee studio.

25 Likes

Don’t think I posted it but I saw this nice cat the other week

22 Likes