Cat Thread 🐈 (rolling)

My parents wanted my little brother to name him. When I asked him why Calcifer, he said “I couldn’t think of a reason not to.”

Fair enough, really.

3 Likes

I dunno if your bro has read the book, or only seen the film, but in the original story, the secret black setting on the door lead to suburban Wales.

(I am not making this up)

He’s only seen the film. I’ve only been to Cardiff in Wales and it was ages ago but I can understand why it could be considered the one you don’t go to.

Hah it was more that Howl/aka Howell was an eternally broke phd student back in Wales and his family thought he was a loser.

The film is not much like the book outside of the basic details, but no-one really cared because it was a good film, and the author and Miyazaki were friends. The author, Diana Wynne Jones is not really famous, but very well respected, and a lot of her books hold up for adults to read too. I edited a whole collection of essays about her a while back, and got invited to her funeral, which was nice.

2 Likes

I’ve had to limit myself to how many cat pictures I post on FB. BRB.

Here is one of our cats. He comes from a home where there were a lot of cats and dogs and he had to scoff down everything he could eat before someone else ate it. As a result he spends his ENTIRE TIME asking for food, looking for scraps, eating unspecified crap off the floor, licking stuff off chopping boards when your back is turned, etc. He’s worked out how to open the kitchen bin now too, so he’s always in there.

In this photo we have had to lock the catfood bag in the cat carrier to stop him ripping it up, and then put that on the top of the fridge. He is playing the waiting game. He’s got aaaaaaaaalllll day.

29 Likes

CAT MEGAPOST

Fave pick of our cat:

ex’s cat:

Sister’s cat:

18 Likes

Our two. Got from Battersea when their owner died. Basically brothers from another mother.

Viktor. Big, cuddly, lovely boy. But can be a dick at times.

Xander. Skittish, but a sweetheart. Jumps at his own shadow (literally)

Together

32 Likes

I need to get me one of these ‘cats’. Would be a YOLO move as I’m very allergic.

I’ve probably posted this before but here are Sooty (top) and Gizmo (bottom). Collectively called “the Misters”.

14 Likes

Bonus round: Jasmine the cat who my mum and one of her patients rescued last year. She turned out to be a package deal cat.

17 Likes

This is Jessica. She is lovely but very needy

This is Moonlight, Jessica’s sister. She smells, walks funny, sheds everywhere, drools and is incontinent. She basically sleeps all day

18 Likes

Waiting in his dish, all casual like. Not by it, in it.

14 Likes

Siberian. So very close, I think the Siberian/Norwegian Forest and Maine Coon are all related in some way.

He is not quite the size of a Maine Coon, but still bigger than your average cat.

1 Like

One of the great tragedies of my life is I’ve never been able to have a cat of my own </3

ONE DAY, THOUGH.

Until then, I’ll be dishing out all of my unlimited (?) likes on you guys’ cat posts.

He is a handsome, handsome fella.

1 Like

not my cat but this guy turns up for a visit now and then

13 Likes

Not sure how to broach making this kitten’s move to my flat with his owners. He basically has chosen to live here and they don’t seem to care much about any of their hoard of cats (let the kittens out way too young, people keep rescuing them from near collisions with cars, not neutured any of them, don’t give a shit in general). But I think they care about keeping them for some reason still. I’ve reported them to the RSPCA as have others but they’ve not done anything bad enough to have them taken off them, just general lack of care. I wouldn’t bother even asking them as cats just live where they want but I want to get him neuturedand I’m sure he still goes home to them some nights so they’d find it weird and might be pissed off.

Has anyone asked to keep someone else’s cat before???

My cat killed and ate a squirrel today :scream_cat::scream_cat:

9 Likes

One of my furry miscreants (the perpetrator has not come forward) put a dead frog in one of our shopping bags and I didn’t notice it until I was at the check out. It smelled really bad.

2 Likes