catch 22

There were a number of real sweet spots in episode 2. The first part was excellent in particular.

2 Likes

Well this thread died a death, eh.

Inspired by this thread, but not the show, I borrowed Catch 22 from my local library, having not read it in yonks.

Still as great as ever👌

Really enjoying this having never read the book. I’m a big fan of Slaughterhouse 5 though so I reckon it would be right up my street

I keep forgetting it is on.

I’m really enjoying, perhaps more so because yossarian is the spitting image of Phillipe Coutinho

1 Like

Anyone ever read something happened, any good?

Yes.
Not really.

1 Like

My old flat mate loved that book.

This is because for some reason he feels bottomless misery with no light is the best thing in art. So all I know is it is one of the most depressing books he’s ever read.

1 Like

It’s no 2666 by Roberto Balano

five episodes in and i still stand by this, surprised there hasn’t been more of clooney though

1 Like

Yeah, it was tough going. Had none of the ridiculousness of c22, just one man constantly complaining about his boring suburban life for 300 pages

1 Like

Not sure I even finished it.

I’m enjoying to watch this on my television

2 Likes

This week’s episode was really fun.

1 Like

Sounds right up my street

Haven’t watched last night’s episode yet, but if this was a made for TV piece it would be raved over.

Some of the absurdity of the book has been captured - the bit with Major de Coverley in Bologna was fucking brilliant, as is the whole Milo Minderbinder thing. Yet… The absolute horror of war has been captured so wonderfully - the Kid Sampson thing… Fuck me, only Grave of the Fireflies has made me feel like that before.

Wonderful TV.

2 Likes

the episode where milo takes him around all his different suppliers was absolutely magic