Cba with nice nerds with 'internet' senses of humour

Hard to explain but I knew within about 20 seconds that he was one of those and that the session was going to be a drag. Like when there was a problem with the software saying something like oh yeah when there’s a problem we sacrifice an animal to the dark lord of something whatever and then people have to pretend to laugh to defuse the cringe. And making out like certain emojis are funny. And some things are ‘super cool’. Seems to love cartoons. Yeah I can’t explain it but I’d hate to work with someone like that even though they’re nice. Cheers.

Posh as well

Well you’ve come to the right place!

:thinking:

this reads like the opening para of a fanfic

Internetty humour is the actual worst. And anyone who sincerely talks about memes is an actual prick.

yeah but this sounds more like someone making the sort of jokes the IT Crowd guys do. Which is fine.

:D!

I was about to post up:

So, the cops knew internal affairs were setting them up?

“Like when there was a problem with the software saying something like oh yeah when there’s a problem we sacrifice an animal to the dark lord of something”

That’s fucking awful though. He’ll be banging on about deploying the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch next.

There’s a tendency for young speakers in the Digital Industries™ to rely on really naff internet memey stuff in their talks and it’s awful

nice nerds

To the tune of Drunk Girls.

Epimer don’t make me use the irony meter on you next.

LITERALLY today you were using pictures of netrunner cards to crack jokes in the morning thread

Yeah but I’m the actual worst.

I realised that last night as I tried to explain the Ron/Virgin TV meme to the missus. She didn’t get why I was chortling at a photoshop of Donald Trump and Farage holding a virgin TV bill

You got a bad nerd

Memes are hilarious just not ones equivalent to ‘i can haz cheezburger’ in young nice nerds presentations as though its funny

Somewhat related - I was thinking yesterday about how apocalyptic language has become so tired and cliched, and about how that’s a fine indictment of our dark times.

You get it all the time reading certain “internetty” opinionated sites. So many things are out to eat your soul; so many things shriek with the tormented agony of a thousand lost souls; so many dark voids, eaters of worlds, incarnate demons…