CD Nostalgia: Ode To The CD

Since CDs are obsolete nowadays, let’s remember them.

Those fucking spoke things which held it in place in the middle of the case, and if 1/3 or more of them broke, then they no longer held the CD in place, fuckers.

14 Likes

Using toothpaste to try and heal their scratches

2 Likes

Licking them

3 Likes

why did you lick your cds?

1 Like

The flimsy connector hinges that held the front and back parts of the case together.

7 Likes

Putting one into your bag and then later pulling it out and the case now has cracks in it.

4 Likes

I remember once buying a CD in a 50p bin, just so I could switch out the case for an album I liked.

5 Likes

Or sometimes the CD case would be in perfect nick but your bag would be in absolute tatters.

Variations on the 2cd pack. Always preferred the chunky one. Props if you got more in too. Realms of the haunting on PC had about 43 of the fuckers.

4 Likes

Trying not to damage the front sleeve on that little lip that stopped it falling out, so holding it kinda upside down to let it slide out naturally. Wouldn’t have been a problem if you didn’t bite your nails, but you did, and still do, so there we are.

3 Likes

Your customised CD shelf having no space for those chunky double / triple disc cases, so they just have to lay on top or to the side.

13 Likes

Any kind of variation on the usual finish, usually the inner making it impossible to replace the case and it look the same. Fuck you, Kid A and Blur’s 13. Fuck you.

Got a feeling there’s something weird about the division bell too.

2 Likes

Burning a copy of an album and forgetting to turn the 2 second pause before track thing off, so rather than the tracks flowing into each other, there was a jarring 2 second pause every time.

7 Likes

I still buy most of my music on CD.

17 Likes

Putting it on your finger and spinning it by only touching the edge only for no real reason

4 Likes

You can come back to this thread when you’ve caught up

10 Likes

‘Secret tracks’ aka ‘10 to 15 minutes of silence before another unlisted track plays’.
Fuck off secret tracks.

14 Likes

Ash being all “la-de-da” because one of their secret tracks is BEFORE track one. la-de-da.

3 Likes

I had a bag full of cds in the break room of a restaurant I was working in when it burned down. This one

The plastic cased cds had all fused together to make one mega CD case. Unfortunately the cds had not coalesced to form an exciting new record.

20 Likes

Single cases being so flimsy they broke when you looked at them

2 Likes