CD Nostalgia: Ode To The CD

Fuck off Ash.
No one needs to jump through that many hoops just to hear yous boke your ring up.

3 Likes

That album? Radiohead - Kid A.

3 Likes

Year when cd inners cases/spines became predominantly translucent instead of shitty corrugated grey?

1 Like

Artwork on BOTH sides of the back cover

4 Likes

Those cardboard sleeves that seemed to be designed to scratch the CD slightly every time you took it out or put it back in.

4 Likes

That sound of the CD spinning up after it’s been put in the player before the music begins.

5 Likes

Putting PlayStation games in your CD player and being able to hear the audio tracks.

5 Likes

All those adverts for Discmans saying that the anti-shock protection could take a fucking earthquake, then having to adopt a new softened walking style to stop the CD skipping as you went somewhere.

16 Likes

Discmans being so big you couldn’t fit them in any pocket so literally walking around with it in your hand.

7 Likes

Booklets that were slightly too thick so you just ripped the back page if you read it more than once.

Lyrics. Remember lyrics?

7 Likes

The simultaneous rise in success of Discman and Nike Air is no coincidence :wink:

2 Likes

Those “caution; laser” stickers on the player

4 Likes

Easily ripped booklets which caught on the wee plastic semicircle when putting them back in.

5 Likes

Discovering that CD Rewritables existed :heart_eyes:
Discovering that CR Rewritables don’t play in most CD players :expressionless:

13 Likes

Christ CDs were shit

8 Likes

‘"Buffer write failed’

Wasting a stack of CDrs as the rewriter was being a bastard.

7 Likes

First permanent marker I ever owned was in order to write on blank CDs, remember being very worried about their permanence and accidentally getting the ink on my clothes.

2 Likes

Remember buying a web domain, logging on to the ftp while working at fopp and just uploading every new release CD to it and then downloading them back to my pc once home

5 Likes

Closing EVERY OTHER application, leaving the area to avoid footsteps vibrating the desk, and STILL it fails 1 in 6.

3 Likes