💿 CDs you've bought: 2022 💿

Latest Dublin haul

Have had a digital copy of that Adebisi Shank album on Bandcamp for over a decade (one of my first Bandcamp purchases I think) but couldn’t resist a physical copy, especially as I own the second and third album on CD

Don’t think I’m in Dublin again until April, probably for the best

4 Likes

That Geogaddi looks like it’s in exceptional condition, nice to see. Good finds!

1 Like

That Phantastic Furniture album is better than any of Julia Jacklin’s solo albums imo

Good work on the Adebisi debut. Never had a proper physical version, just a copied promo they sent me to review!

1 Like

Only listened once so far but you might be right

Today’s finds in Nottingham. Couple of blasts from the past and what I think is a pretty well regarded mix.
The tiny Ivor Cutler poetry books weren’t exactly a bargain but I couldn’t leave them.

2 Likes

Today’s car boot haul was a good one.
Been going for years and I think this is one of the first time I’ve ever found a bunch of Metal/thrash cd’s.

Paid £40 for the job lot. Guessing you wouldn’t get two of these on Vinyl from HMV for £40! My daughter has counted just over 100 titles. Some great, some average, some junk. Now got to catalogue them on Discogs!

9 Likes

Ooof very good haul that. Those Hellacopters albums are slightly out of place but absolute bangers!

1 Like

wow some great stuff there. and break the cycle by staind, for some reason

1 Like

Is one of the copies of ‘Arise’ a CD single???

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

and Wu Chronicles Vol.1!

just reading this thread for the first time

@Icarus-Smicarus no wonder you’re not in the vinyl thread that much given all your posts here :smiley:

1 Like

cheap vinyl is an occasional extravagance, this my real home

3 Likes

i’m fully into vinyl this year (much to my financial detriment), but do need to remember CDs too. Either the absolute used £1-£3 bargains or for things that never got a vinyl release/they’re out of reasonable price range

I got:

• The Men - Open Your Heart (£2.18 posted from eBay on a whim)
  • Beta Band - 3 EPs (£2.30 posted from eBay inspired by the listening thread, and seeing the £100s vinyl prices)
  • Chris Whitley - Terra Incognita (£4.50 posted from Discogs, one of those artists I discovered in my full-Spotify phase, so never had any physical copies of his stuff and there wasn’t even a vinyl release)

also very tempted by The Clean - Anthology 2CD set, since again that was a streaming discovery and the 4LP set is like £50. But I’ve got so used to vinyl prices/used CD prices that going back up to £15-20 for a CD feels outrageous :smiley:

1 Like

Tbh £15-20 is a bargain for this set - it’s that good

1 Like

Anything Can Happen is really just a perfect song, feels like entire indie pop genres exist because of those two and a half minutes

1 Like

Pretty much exactly this, except for the whole first CD from that anthology. Unreal that some of it’s from 1981

1 Like

I doubt it makes much difference price wise but the European CD version of their ‘Compilation’ album (with the extra tracks) covers the same ground.

1 Like

the only UK based copy of the is £59 :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

There is a Sepultura CD single, but it’s ‘Ratamahatta’

1 Like