💿 CDs you've bought: 2022 💿

So… I might need some sort of intervention or something. Went on holiday to Oxford last friday. Came back this friday. In that week, I obtained 23 CDs, some from chazzers, some from eBay, some full price and some lovingly pre-owned (Truck Store on Cowley Road is one of my favourite shops in the country), and one gift from an Oxford friend I hadn’t seen in two years thanks to Covid. Now I realise this is not an average week but not going to lie, I’m a bit scared given cost of living and space constraints…

Siouxsie stuff bought in advance of the forthcoming listening club - though Siouxie albums are surprisingly hard to find for a decent price at the moment. Guessing a lot are out of print.

10 Likes

Love that Colin Meloy CD.

2 Likes

Chazza haul of meathead driving music. 10/10.

5 Likes

Two best Fear Factory albums :heart:

1 Like

Got really back in to Demanufacture earlier in the year, as a kid had not appreciated how indebted to Godflesh and Killing Joke it is.

1 Like

Funnily enough I got back into Killing Joke because I picked up a copy of Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell and thought it sounded like a Fear Factory album, haha. Turnaround very much justified I reckon.

Wydraddear “The Doomwatcher” - Dark ambient/dungeon synth.

7 Likes

In Dublin a few weeks ago:

1 Like

Got this John Williams-compilation (Discogs) - 20 CDs for about 30 GBP. And he’s not getting older.

Got this for a pound

There was also a copy of Contra by vampire weekend but unfortunately the disc inside was a CD-R of light jazz classics

6 Likes

i had that solid black Soulfly album back in the day

picked this up on Bandcamp friday. loving it

Which is a reminder to used CD shoppers - always check the inside! I’ve got done on a few scratched CDs and a compilation that didn’t have all the discs. Check before you buy

1 Like

Got these in Cardiff last weekend

Got Westing in Spillers Records as I was on a high from seeing them the night before. £7.99 for the nice new cardboard sleeve issue, seemed like a decent enough price for a new reissue compared to a lot of other shops

Found Keaton Henson in Oxfam around the corner, the only decent album in the shop. There was no price on it so I brought it to the till and they had no idea who he was so just asked for 99p. A little bit of sleeve damage but worth it for the price.

3 Likes

Absolutely love Truck Store. Also love its sister store just on the edge of Oxford, can’t remember what it’s called, potentially also Truck Store.

1 Like

Latest Dublin haul

Have had a digital copy of that Adebisi Shank album on Bandcamp for over a decade (one of my first Bandcamp purchases I think) but couldn’t resist a physical copy, especially as I own the second and third album on CD

Don’t think I’m in Dublin again until April, probably for the best

4 Likes

That Geogaddi looks like it’s in exceptional condition, nice to see. Good finds!

1 Like

That Phantastic Furniture album is better than any of Julia Jacklin’s solo albums imo

Good work on the Adebisi debut. Never had a proper physical version, just a copied promo they sent me to review!

1 Like

Only listened once so far but you might be right