Changes in the moderating/admin team

Hi everyone,

following up from this thread (which has now been pinned btw), we wanted to let you know about a couple of changes within the moderators/admin crew.

1. The universal dad of the boards, THEO aka @1101010, has asked to be removed as admin – and after realising we could not convince him to change his mind, we did just that. He is now just a regular poster! Feels crazy. :heart:
  2. There will for the time being be 2 admins, namely myself and @wewerewerewolvesonce (new rule: your username must begin with a w in order to be considered for admin). After discussing this with the rest of the moderators, we are placing ourselves on trial from right now and until the end of April. That way, both we, the other moderators, and the rest of you can see if this is a good fit. Please bear with us as we undoubtedly make some mistakes and struggle to understand how some things work. We will try our very best not to ruin everything.
  3. @TheBarbieMovie2023 has asked to be relieved of her moderating duties. In combination with the abovementioned changes, this means we are looking to take on board 2 new moderators, alongside @Parsefone, @jazzballet and us. This will be done the same way we did it last time: People can nominate themselves or others and we’ll put it to the vote (the nominee obviously has to accept the nomination before the poll happens). Nominations can be made in this thread. The poll will be a separate thread.

I think that’s everything for now. I will also be posting this message on the music board, so that it reaches everyone.

xoxo,
wr+wwwwo

10 Likes

WHAT THE

16 Likes

NOW LOOK WHAT’S HAPPENED!

1 Like

Imagine my reaction when I got that PM

I can’t :sob:

what about @Parsefone ?

THEO!!!

:broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

Should we get him a gold watch or something?

2 Likes

weeber, wileycat, witches, wasted, willum

think that’s all of them

@1101010 I’m sorry you felt the want to step down but I think everyone should acknowledge now how totally under appreciated you’ve been and how much work you’ve probably done behind the scenes - thanks Theo.

52 Likes
7 Likes

Binary carriage clock

3 Likes

buynikeshoes must have an alias with a W at the front?

just a quick thank you to @whiterussian @wewerewerewolvesonce @1101010 @TheBarbieMovie2023 and anyone else who has been a mod in the past for the effort you have put in moderating, I imagine it’s a quite time consuming and mostly thankless. It’s really good of anyone to give up their free time to help out around here.

So erm thanks x

9 Likes

what about him?

@Parsefone & @jazzballet will still be mods afaik

2 Likes

He deserves a 10101 gun salute.

1 Like

Teho

tumblr_mku6266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500

9 Likes

I hereby change my name to wollosalhorse.

A vote for me is a vote for probably not being crushed under the mighty heel of wollosalhorse.

oh right, I thought admins and mods were the same.

whoever becomes admin should have to defeat theo in a hackerrank challenge first

1 Like

I’ll nominate myself, with the Simpsons thread being hoth my manifest and my downfall.

2 Likes