Changing the duvet cover

Also when I have tried it, it just replaces the struggle of trying to get enough distance from the ground with more of a struggle with the weight of the whole thing (while also feeling unsafe and probably damaging the mattress)

Might invent some kind of big peg/clamp to keep the top corners in place while you sort the bottom bit out. Maybe that’s how I become a billionaire.

2 Likes

I refuse to do it as it takes me about half an hour each time

Means I have to clean all the toilets and bathrooms in exchange but I’m fine with that

can’t believe Elon’s wasting his time with exploding cars when he could invent a duvet changer machine and become a global hero.

I also use the ghost method. adds a bit of fun to the job too.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Chance would be a fine thing!

My favourite period of the year is the summer months where I only need to do this for one duvet instead of two on accounts of how I just use a duvet cover on its own for that period of the year

It helps so much that our landing and stairs are arranged like this

Can simply turn it inside out, grab the corners and drop it over the bannister and it more or less falls straight into place.

What size is your duvet

• Single
  • Double
  • King
  • Superking
  • Other

0 voters

King-size duvet on a superking bed for me.

Or indeed if it were somehow possible to raise one’s arms higher than one’s head…

1 Like

I think we’ve got a King size bed, so a Superking I think.

1 Like

had i known i was hob-nobbing with royalty i would have treated you all…differently.

2 Likes

King sized on a king. My feet sometimes go over the edge if I don’t really lie up high on my pillow but the duvet covers them well.

Years and years ago I had a duvet cover from IKEA where they had slits cut in the top corners so you could actually grab hold of the duvet through them for the shaking bit. Seemed to work well.

Yeah I agree with this. I’m 6’2" but a king sized duvet is far larger than me so I have to wave/shake it along the bed. Especially the winter one which is pretty heavy. Never really had an issue.

You can tumble dry duvets (obviously nobody quote me on this, check the label etc). Can’t imagine that having the cover on would help with either the washing or drying process though

3 Likes

Can confirm (obviously synthetic) duvets wash beautifully because I have had to wash my daughter’s ones many many times.

Chiefly the issue is that a double might be a challenge to fit into your own washing machine but I would imagine the ones in the laundrette can handle it fine.

Anyway, check the label is it’s bound to tell you and I would think a tumble-drying is also absolutely fine but in Melbourne you have a lot of really good dry windy days so actually drying the duvet wasn’t a big deal.

Even just leaving them to dry indoors they dry pretty quick - but that’s with the cover off

1 Like

Remembered to try this method today, and it’s a genuine game-changer.

1 Like