Changing the duvet cover

Surprised Season 10 GIF by One Chicago

2 Likes

There’s the tap in!

Try the rolling method I posted above! It is easier

1 Like

i am totally going to try this cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feel like if you’re tall enough to fully shake a duvet down that you’re holding up, the duvet isn’t long enough to keep you properly warm in bed?

1 Like

A task I used to hate but one of my favourite now. Find it quite cathartic.

Im too little to hold by the corners and shake!

2 Likes

if only there was a very large stable surface higher than the floor nearby

This bit is the main problem:

I am not big or strong enough for anything to happen when I shake it. It’s a big saggy mass of fabric, my shaking just doesn’t do anything. The idea is that the duvet cover is supposed to fall down, but like realistically more than half the duvet is on the floor at this point, it’s not going anywhere, it’s just a pile of duvet with me holding up two little corners and exhausting myself

1 Like

Would definitely break my ankle and smash the lightbulb if I tried to wrangle an enormous duvet and cover while standing on the bed

1 Like

Also when I have tried it, it just replaces the struggle of trying to get enough distance from the ground with more of a struggle with the weight of the whole thing (while also feeling unsafe and probably damaging the mattress)

Might invent some kind of big peg/clamp to keep the top corners in place while you sort the bottom bit out. Maybe that’s how I become a billionaire.

2 Likes

I refuse to do it as it takes me about half an hour each time

Means I have to clean all the toilets and bathrooms in exchange but I’m fine with that

can’t believe Elon’s wasting his time with exploding cars when he could invent a duvet changer machine and become a global hero.

I also use the ghost method. adds a bit of fun to the job too.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Chance would be a fine thing!

My favourite period of the year is the summer months where I only need to do this for one duvet instead of two on accounts of how I just use a duvet cover on its own for that period of the year

It helps so much that our landing and stairs are arranged like this

Can simply turn it inside out, grab the corners and drop it over the bannister and it more or less falls straight into place.

What size is your duvet

• Single
  • Double
  • King
  • Superking
  • Other

0 voters