Charli XCX

Maybe there should just be a gig shop we can all queue outside from midnight, for transparency’s sake

So, I have Charli on Twitter alerts. She tweeted a presale link which went live on Thursday. A full 24 hours before the proper release. It was a completely different site to the main ticket sale. So I went there…had huge issues, couldn’t buy 2 tickets, but got one and only one. I tried on Friday for another for the other half (or anyone I know) and they were sold out as you all saw. So the answer is the presale fucked it.

I was given the link to a reselling site from the presale and the tickets started at 50 quid. I looked last night and the minimum was now 75 quid?! So I think what’s happened is the same as record releases flippers. People who make money out of records/tickets make it their job to follow and be completely up to speed on every tweet and bit of information that means they can buy things quickly to resell. If I hadn’t got a presale, I would pay 50/75 to be honest as I have wanted to see her for ages. I know this only fans the flames and gives the touts a reason to carry on but there you go. Gutted none of you got one. But as I say, I can’t post on here much any more during the week and I only found out last minute myself. Otherwise I would have posted the presale when I got one. I had assumed/hoped the presale only sold 100 or so? Otherwise what is the point.

Cross posting from the gig thread. Anyone else go??

Charli XCX @ Villa Underground : Been looking forward to this for months. I’ve been banging on on here about how I love the whole SOPHIE/PC Music/Charli XCX scene. I used to be a full on clubber going to acid trance nights in dingy little clubs so love the mix of club/pop/hip hop they mix up.

Raye, Rina Sawayama, Dorian Electra, Tommy Cash were all guests and SOPHIE came on to guest and also bang out some of her tracks as well. Considering how much I was looking forward to it, I wasn’t let down (as can so often happen).

1 Like
2 Likes

This is on the World album bootleg. A bit (early) Madonna

5 Likes

Wow I’m jealous of this.

1 Like

Remember when she played Gone with Chris as Primavera, though.

1 Like

I can’t wait for this… she’s truly a master of her craft. Everything since Number 1 Angel bangs

2 Likes

Absolutely, only got into her in the last year, but her releases in the last couple of years (I would include Vroom Vroom) have all showed something new within her genre (also they are great fun).

I wish there was some reference to AG Cook or Sophie here but I have high hopes nonetheless!

I’m so annoyed that I got blackout drunk at Primavera and I have a two hour “scene missing” which entirely coincided with her set which my friends assure me I was at. :expressionless:

1 Like

Pop 2 is a very strong album of the decade contender. I love her so much and can’t wait for this. Gonna have to come home from holiday two days early to make the Manchester show but so be it.

4 Likes

YAEJI!!!

2 Likes

It was AMAZING.

1 Like

I was going to start a thread about tracks you become obsessed with. Can’t stop playing and almost become attached to. Delicious was one of these.

1 Like

Porsche and Unlock It are the main two for me, but honestly it’s astonishing how incredibly good every song on Pop 2 is. Everything she’s done from Vroom Vroom onwards has been on a whole other level to everybody else out there, and she already had bangers to spare before that.

1 Like

Ooh Sky on one of the tracks. Has A G Cook produced most of this new album?

1 Like

Got tickets in the presale this morning

1 Like