Cheap Dates

The calculating criteria sounds ludicrous to be honest but what’s the most expensive and cheapest date you’ve been on?

A nice stroll around Moorgate cemetery #trugoth
Oh most expensive, yeah definitely a restaurant

Quite a lot of my dates with the TV were cheap. She worked at the cinema so we used to go and see films and then walk home. Because we were students we didn’t have a huge amount of cash for dating and so it quickly turned into going on regular student nights out with her mates or mine.

My mate went on a date recently where they met up for a drink on a sunday afternoon and ended up drinking 5 bottles of wine between the two of them.

£20 well spent.

13 Likes

What? How?! 1 and a half and I’m sunk.

Least: free obvs
Most: £250 or so but we went dutch obvs

£125 between us??
Yeah right!!*

*I don’t pay

1 Like

There are people who arrange to go to a fancy restaurant just for a first date off internet dating?

Well yeah, I need something to distract them from my appearance and also personality.

I did that yeah

[quote=“jontosh2001, post:4, topic:13189, full:true”]My mate went on a date recently where they met up for a drink on a sunday afternoon and ended up drinking 5 bottles of wine between the two of them.
[/quote]

That sounds perfect.

Did it go well?

Still together 5 years, 2 months and 6 days later!

(tbf, my options for normal first date things is limited somewhat by my teetotalism and my hang-ups about how people tend to respond to it)

3 Likes

me too.

don’t enjoy drinking on the first date as I’m usually trying to disguise my smoking habit, and find that impossible to do during/after a beer.

How come?

like fuck am i spending that much on a date. shit a brick

An interesting choice of date activity, that.

3 Likes

The Lady Is A Tramp.

2 Likes

I don’t go on many dates, but when i do i’m never sure what to do regards paying. Kinda stuck between being a gentleman (paying) and not being a massive sexist.

Best middle ground i’ve found is paying for the food and letting her pick up the drinks tab (obviously i’ll get on the more expensive keg ales in that event so there’s a small win for me).

3 Likes