Ched Evans

Yeah he’s the same type of not guilty as OJ Simpson

3 Likes

this seems like an ill thought out comparison, man

again. just playing D.A

Wasn’t being contentious. Aggpass covers it nicely

go on then…

nah man. friday innit. too heavy and can’t be assed to get into a scrap tbfqh

I’m surprised more hasn’t been mentioned of the fact his fiancée is still with him. Imagine seeing your life partner up in court trying to convince a Jury that the group sex he had with another woman in a budget hotel was consensual. Yuk.

Don’t think it’s fair to say that now mate

EDIT: What @ruffers said

You could say why you think it’s relevant. Otherwise it just looks like you’re “playing devil’s advocate” for your own amusement, which isn’t really cool.

fuck off, dude. probably shouldn’t have pulled you up on the O.J comparison without backing it up, but there we go. I did. it’s done.

this thread is getting a little heated and I’d like to back the fuck out, if you don’t mind

I don’t think it’s relevant, you fucking knuckle head. I asked if people thought it was. there is a difference, ya massive jerk

£50,000 reward for helping clear his name. Testimony of two former sexual partners helped clear his name.

Fuck the fuck off.

2 Likes

Nah look there’s obviously a very tangible sense of injustice around this, and the position of devil’s advocate in this instance is actually the same stance of our justice system and subsequently the way all women are treated so I can see why people would want you to explain the thought process more. Because otherwise it serves as a further illustration of the times we’re living in you know?

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a very visible reminder to the world that any values they hold near and dear are still always trumped by wealth and ignorance tbh

So fucking grim. That poor girl, can’t even imagine what she’s going through atm

From The Guardian

"In September 2015 the witness was re-interviewed by a private detective who was part of the new beefed-up Evans legal team. At this point he said X directed the sex and used the phrase: “Fuck me harder.” It was the first time he claimed she had used these words.

The explicit phrase is important because it chimes with what Evans claimed had happened in his encounter with X. He continues to insist she used exactly the same language.

A second man, Z, who was in a sexual relationship with X at the time of the alleged rape, had also made a rather bland statement back in September 2011.

In December 2015 he gave a much more detailed account to a member of Evans’ new legal team in which he said X had used the phrase “Go harder” with him.

Kieran Vaughan QC, for Evans, argued at the appeal court in the spring that there were “striking” similarities in the accounts of the two witnesses and that of Evans and they might support a defence of actual consent."

If those words are what the ‘new evidence’ amounts to then I… I’m at a bit of a loss.

5 Likes

‘In court, Evans admitted he lied to get the key for the hotel room and did not speak to her before, during or after sex. He left via a fire exit. It also emerged that Evans’ younger brother and another man were trying to film what was happening from outside the room.’

idk if it’s just me but…that sounds like rape? that doesn’t sound like consent.

How grown adults of sound mind can’t see these accounts as just completely gross smearing and empty allusions to salaciousness rather than being in any way relevant to a later event is genuinely beyond me. Fuck this.

While all of that stuff is clearly awful, none of it implies that there was no consent on Ched’s part. He could argue that as a “famous footballer” he didn’t want to be seen leaving a hotel at 3am.

Why anyone would want to film their own brother having sex is anyone’s guess.

^this. Grim.

2 Likes