Cheddar

Extra mature for sandwiches where its the main ingredient or with crackers, mature to go with yer ham, yer chorizo etc, sliced mature for CoT with Worcester sauce or for grilled cheese sandwiches and in sauces etc.

1 Like

Not always the same price, I find extra mature often sneakily comes in smaller quantities than its milder cousins, say 300g pack compared to 350g packs for the others

1 Like

takes ages to get through a block anyway tbh

“Mmmm mild cheese”

• Nobody, ever.
7 Likes

this is good and shocking to know, however.

really want cheese on toast now thanks

You know how extra mature has those crunchy salt crystal bits in it, I’d like a cheese just entirely made up of those bits please

4 Likes

2 Likes

was watching that video and just assumed you placed the cheese next to the bread in the toaster.

basically just eat a pizza.

Wtf

1 Like

what

3 Likes

what on earth do you do with all your cheese then, or your bread for that matter

feel free to try this and report back

2 Likes

think its probably just a relic from when I was a kid and was the last time i actually thought about cheese on toast.

Davistow vintage cheddar is genuinely a top tier cheese. Every bit as good, if not better, than the cheddars you’d get from a cheese shop or a posh market stall.

6 Likes

lol no it doesn’t

2 Likes

Haven’t had mild cheddar for years. Sometimes get extra mature but not if I can avoid it. Proper cheese snob these days and proud of it, cheese is probably the single tastiest ingredient in the world.

4 Likes

We were a mild cheddar household growing up tbh but at some point we got my mum to ramp it up to medium and she’s never looked back

2 Likes

Love cheese. How am I gonna do veganuary ffs