🧀 Cheddar 🧀

Let’s face it, it’s the most popular and common of all the cheeses for a reason. Great stuff, with many delicious varieties not offered by yer other, fancier cheeses. Melted - brilliant, in a sauce - superb, sandwich filling - top notch, just on some crackers - yes please. The maturerer the better imo but there is a time and place for medium. Never mild though, obviously. Cheddar; chief cheese.

9 Likes

Good on chips so it gets the duck bill of approval

4 Likes

Yes it’s great but for supermarket grade stuff mature is the absolute minimum for me, preferably extra or vintage or whatever.

1 Like

Add gravy for a true treat.

2 Likes

It’s a good cheese, perhaps the best all rounder. It’s not my fav but that’s a secret.

3 Likes

I like it when it’s almost got a crystallised texture to it, like tablet or something.

Like all cheese; the stronger, smellier and sweatier the better

5 Likes

My fave is own-brand mild.

Like the ones that physically hurt a bit to eat.

2 Likes

Basically a milk ice cube if we are honest but it has its place

eaten whole whilst stoned

I should call him

what would you rather give up

• cheddar
  • all other cheese

0 voters

Love it in a pan made toastie and slice extra to fry in the pan and have bubbly crisps of golden fried cheese on the side.

It’s the Supergrass of cheese. Everyone’s second favourite and always there when you need it.

1 Like

:fu: wrong thread

if I can literally hear the salt crystal crunching when I bit into it, that’s real good shit

2 Likes

It’s so stupid that they named that place Cheddar though. “Ooh, we’re named after a cheese, aren’t we zany!”

Embarrassing

1 Like

I can offer 2 of those 3 things

1 Like

Cheddar Gorge is made of cheese, that’s why it’s called that.

2 Likes

I’ve been there. It isn’t made of cheese.

Meh. In the realm of cheeses, it’s bang average.