Cheerful spring/summer thread

they arrive anytime now in my Garden, called Hoopoe’s feed for few weeks then go off and nest nearby…you can hear their special call which is very different from other birds that are around…
that was last season on my steps

4 Likes

it’s been in the freezer for over an hour and a half but it’s only just started freezing. Annoying as I’m getting too tired to hop out of bed to check it every 40minutes

1 Like

Love this time of year, watching the buds form and open on the trees and everything rushing into life.
Dylan (not that one) nailed it when he called it “the force that through the green fuse drives the flower”

2 Likes

it froze solid overnight. I’m sure there’s a pickaxe somewhere in my house I can salvage it with

1 Like

Love these guys. Wish they made it this far north but seen loads of them in Mallorca

1 Like

I’m here at Primrose Hill with some crisps and a thermos of coffee and a no brainer film to watch on my phone as my tablet broke. I think this type of day will be a new normal during the spring and summer this year.

5 Likes

A spring or summer evening can be one of the nicest things about being alive. And they’re free too.

6 Likes

Been having smoothies for breakfast. Refreshing and filling at the same time.

2 Likes

Embarrassingly happy to be able to hang the washing to dry outside

4 Likes

Same!

2 Likes