Cheese on toast

Blue cheese should always be eaten at room temperature so it gets a bit of sweat on it, obviously

this was an emotional read.

I have weirdly fond memories of quiet moments in super high stress moments when my mum was really ill. Sitting playing Hearthstone or ordering a pizza, chilling at my brother’s with his cat on my lap.

Glad there was a happy ending for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s mine:

Pretoasted seeded batch loaf
Thick layer of butter
Medium layer of marmite
Slices of mature cheddar, under grill until almost melted
Add wafer thin sliced shallot
Add small chunks of chorizo
Back under the grill til the cheese is dark orange
Smash that fucker down yer beak

1 Like

might try this tonight and report back

2 Likes

Might have it for lunch

Delicious, obviously, but pales in comparison to staffy oatcakes

2 Likes

One of those things that people needlessly faff with.

Put some nice cheddar on some nice partially toasted bread and grill it until the cheese bubbles and starts to brown. Then eat. No need for anything else, it’s perfect.

5 Likes

Toasted sandwich where you butter the outside of the bread and then pan fry it (with ham and cheese as the filling). Salivating now.

3 Likes

Yep. Same with beans on toast.

1 Like

Yeah, these are obviously the best (without ham of course) but so fucking unhealthy.

Is it, because it’s the same amount of butter, just on the outside and fried. Is that a bad thing? :frowning:

Sourdough, obviously

1 Like

I wouldn’t use butter on cheese on toast and I always use quite a lot of butter when doing them (get some in and fry the first side and just before that is done melt more at the side of the pan). Fuck my beetroot tzatziki and mini wraps just ain’t cutting it now!

1 Like

Never had it

Only gone and got a cheese toastie in the local caff for lunch haven’t I? (€4.50, pretty good val)

s o rrrty, struggling to reach my keyboard, stomach getting in the way … :sweat:

FTFY

3 Likes

I was basically coming here to say this and now I really, really want one but I have no cheese and haven’t been paid. When I get paid, this will be the first thing I do (actually, probably buy some bog roll first)

1 Like

mmmm. Cold cheese on toast.

5 Likes