Chess (rolling)

Checkmate with… 2 seconds remaining. Oof

2 Likes

Immediately after made a blunder within 10 moves and gave away my queen. FML

1 Like

Came back from being -7 in material, yessssss

1 Like

Transitioned from 10 min rapid to up to 24 hours per move a few weeks ago. Had a lovely period of meticulously crushing folk while I worked up from newcomer to my actual level and now I’m back to the slow grind of roughly 50% wins and losses.

2 Likes

Ha tell me about it, I predominantly play the daily move games and my rating has basically stayed static for 3 years now :smiley:

think I need to move the other way and play more live games tbh

1 Like

Brutal when you have all the time in the world and still make a stupid mistake then have to wait forever to be punished.

Have had a couple of cracking games where its felt like each of us has been one mistake away from giving it away from around move 30-50. Kinda intricate play which is never gonna happen in a rapid game at my level.

1 Like

Yeah absolutely, think it’s really great for learning, lets you understand all the different possibilities at play from a position. I always feel I’m at such a disadvantage going back to rapid though without my 25 minutes of careful analysis :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Very nice. I sometimes enjoy the mindset you can go into when you know you’re losing. Just go all out attack and throw away pieces in the hope that you might have enough left to find a checkmate. Don’t think I would have spotted Rg5 on move 31 there - patient but deadly.

1 Like

I’ve been doing the opposite of this. Started playing blitz games and set off on a ludicrous winning start which has led to playing players way above my level. What an early run though – in the space of about 45 minutes a couple of nights ago I managed to get 3 or 4 wins which I’ll probably never better in the rest of my days.

Expecting mainly painful losses as I continue to drift back down to the 1500 or so level where I belong now. Should have retired from the game with my provisional rating of 1913 intact.

1 Like