Childhood duvets

BOSH!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it was an action scene. It had a grey background, I remember that much.

i think i always just had plain or ones my mam made with fabric she got from fabric outlets.

my brother was massively into casper when he was about 3, wore a pink pyjama top as a nightie, and my mam bought two lots of secondhand casper the movie quilt covers so he could always have one on :blush:

Annoyed that I canā€™t find the Utd ones I had

A big bone of contention that exists between me and my parents to this day is their refusal to allow me to have Utd wallpaper because ā€œIā€™d grow out of itā€ instead opting for The Beano (which of course, famously remains an interest for boys well into their teenage years).

5 Likes

my brother wasnā€™t allowed a liverpool border (BORDER, REMEMBER THEM?!! USED TO GET THEM AT WILKINSONS. ) on his blue walls for the same reason (rightly so). so he had to get an astronaut border instead.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the one I had!!!

Eff Ey Bee, Antpo! Eff Ey Bee.

1 Like

Yeah, I wanted the Utd border as well, classy as fuck. Wallpaper of the players on the top half, club crest border in the middle of the wall, red and white stripes interspersed with club crest on the lower half. Would have looked dead fucking smart.

2 Likes

My friend uses that as a table cloth at zine fairs sometimes.

If I was to say I didnā€™t record and partially watch the Thunderbirds Are Go! sixties film when Film 4 showed it the other week I would be lying to you

me and my sister shared a room, i had brown winne the pooh wallpaper on my side, she had pink care bears on hers. must have looked a right sight - she still hasnā€™t forgiven me for not letting it all be pink.

2 Likes

Had the same Thomas one as a sleeping bag for camping. It was nylon and used to crackle audibly with static every time you moved. I dunno how on earth I used to sleep with it in the summer.

I had to share a room with my little brother for a while as well once he turned up, he got my hand me down Utd duvet sets and I used to kit him out in all my old shirts etc. He doesnā€™t like football and likes lizards instead nowā€¦

canā€™t remember any of them

1 Like

i had one that i see on american tv shows all the time weirdly, elaine has it in seinfeld. donā€™t have a pic. (good post)

Had a set from IKEA that I also spotted on this programme which was mildly thrilling.

Canā€™t find any pics of it now, but it was dark blue with some pictures on.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there were duvets when I was a kid. I had sheets and blankets.

Man it was tough in the seventies.

But then it meant I turned out tough.

I could take the bastard lot of you.

Had I known it was onā€¦

1 Like

I had this along with matching Beano wallpaper.

6 Likes

Have you ever seen it before? Itā€™s mad, thereā€™s a weird dream sequence where Alan goes out and gets hammered at a club in space where a puppet Cliff Richard and The Shadows are playing a set:

1 Like

Me too!