Childhood injustices

Love how trivial this one is. The case of the misisng antimacassar

2 Likes

:smile: I’d be heartbroken by this, having never won a race

I’m so sorry for all these injustices.

I will call up all of the wrong doers and accusers on your behalf and set them straight as your Xmas present :gift:

4 Likes

They held a ribbon up for the second place person to run through and everything. Genuinely a bit angry thinking about it.

4 Likes

I was at a party a couple of years ago and one of the younger attendees brought her dickhead boyfriend. He was talking about how his mum found needles in a drawer in his room (why is your mum looking in your drawers, aren’t you putting your own laundry away?) and freaked out thinking he was on heroin, and he was laughing about it because they were “only” for tanning injections. I mean yes that is better than heroin but you’re still taking unregulated, unsafe, illegal drugs in an unsafe manner

1 Like

when i was about 15 I got caught shoplifting in Sainsburys at lunchtime in my school uniform. they called the school who suspended me for the rest of the day (fair enough) and called an impromptu full school assembly to tell everyone what had just happened (not fiar enough, imo) and warn people that if anyone else did this they’d be expelled.
For some reason the school collectively decided that I had tried to nick onion bhajis, so for the rest of my time there I got “ONION BHAJIS!” shouted at me pretty much every day.
This actually led to me being quite badly beaten up when I was about 18 and took exception to a group of younger kids shouting it at me in the park, I told them to fuck off and they came and beat the shit out of me.
Sorry that got a bit dark. The first two paras I recognise are funny and you are welcome to like this post.

11 Likes

An uneasy like.

Sorry about the dickheads

7 Likes

Fuming that my mum stopped believing in Jesus when I was 16 so too old to be strongarmed into going to going to church anyway, but my little brother was 9 so he got about 5 years of mandatory church commuted off his sentence.

Either have your epiphany while I’m still young enought to benefit from free Sundays, or when he’s too old to get benefit I didn’t ffs

9 Likes

Not an injustice as such but my mum used to have an afternoon nap on the sofa instead of in bed. Now to me if you’re sofa napping then any noises in the house are fair game and you deal with them. Oh no, not the case for our Lesley.

The house had to bend to her will. So for one to two hours (!) a day at the weekends I had to sit quietly in my room. I remember sneaking down for a drink once and the house has the stairs going straight into the living room and the sofa was sort of right up against the stairs. Anyway, I fell down about half of them, and I remember panicking and thinking “don’t make any noise! Fall quietly”

My mum found this hilarious when she did wake up rather than thinking maybe she was oppressing the whole vibe of the house and should just get in her bed.

It’s pretty rubbish being a kid sometimes.

11 Likes

Absolutely livid for you frankly.

Oh, here’s a related injustice actually. I said I went to church 51 Sundays a year - I got Remembrance Sunday off because my mum thought it glorified war (happiest day of the year for me tbqh). When I went to Brownies I got bawled out in front of everyone by Brown Owl for not turning up to church for the Remembrance Sunday parade. Fuck RIGHT off pal, I’m not giving up my hard-earned Sunday off just to prance around in my fucking Brownie uniform looking sombre.

I told Brown Owl that I went to church every single other Sunday of the year but I wouldn’t go on that day because my mum said the parade glorified war. she was absolutely livid :joy: probably the most progressive thing that happened in my childhood tbh

10 Likes

Wasn’t allowed to go on the history trip to Poland cos my dad said it wasn’t relevant and I shouldn’t miss school or expect them to fork out for a trip that wouldn’t be useful to my exams. My dad was a history teacher at another school and taught that same module and said that because the module covered 1933-1939 but Auschwitz only opened in the 1940s then it was a waste of time and money me going.

Everyone who went including my then boyfriend had the best time ever and talked about it for the rest of the year. Me and two other girls whose parents couldn’t afford it had to go to the rest of our normal classes, we must have got a free period during history though.

2 Likes

What were you like at primary school? Tick all that apply

• Talkative
  • Quiet
  • Creative
  • Bookworm
  • Sporty
  • Domineering
  • Shy
  • Argumentative
  • Passive
  • Popular
  • Unpopular
  • Self-righteous
  • Arrogant
  • Naughty
  • Rebellious
  • Goody two-shoes
  • Cheeky
  • Snitch
  • Friendly
  • Independent
  • Heavily influenced by friends
  • Heavily influenced by family
  • Focused on school
  • Focused on hobbies/interests
  • Daydreamer
  • Kind
  • Ruthless
  • Younger than my years
  • Older than my years (first to know about sex, Santa not being real, etc)

0 voters

Child Pervo: extremely cute in photos, absolute menace in person.

Should’ve included competitive as well.

Such tales of woe. My sympathies.

Got caught talking in class aged about 13-14. I thought that the teacher had said “Do you want detention?” to which I replied in the negative.

Next thing I knew I was being pulled out of my seat and pushed up against the wall. The teacher, clearly very angry, was jabbing his finger hard into my chest to punctuate each word of the sentence “When I tell you that you’ve got detention, you do not talk back to me and say no!”

I stumbled back mortified and upset to my desk and later when I asked the people around me they all confirmed that he very clearly said “You’ve got detention”.

In conclusion, “fuck you, Mr Mansell”.

1 Like

This isn’t really an injustice but this thread is nevertheless opening the floodgates in the part of my brain marked ‘repressed memories: do not open’. My mum used to open the door on Halloween and tell the trick or treaters on our estate that we didn’t celebrate Halloween because it was a ‘celebration of evil’. She was, and indeed still is, a very religious lady with some pretty out there ideas. These weren’t cute kids in fancy dress showing up with their parents btw. These were roving gangs of kids, without a costume between them, shaking down the neighbours for sweets and money. My mum was clearly doing her best to get me beat up but miraculously we never even had so much as an egg thrown at the house.

4 Likes

Exactly! :grinning: So petty. Would probably make for a good Bob’s Burger’s episode plot.

2 Likes

Can never fully get my head round the differences between English and Scottish schools. Didn’t they stop this in the 1960s?

They got rid of it at some point but kept it in a handful of areas including Kent. Maybe Manchester as well?

1 Like

was talking to someone the other day and their lad was about to sit his :confused:
think in Gloucestershire…?

I dont have a good memory but I know before we started secondary, or maybe when we had just started we did a sort of test and we never heard the results of them.

When I finished school in year 11 the headmaster pulled me into the office to day said test had indicated great things from me and they’d been keeping an eye on me like I was going to be some sort of genius, and he was sorry to say I’d really let him down. Lol.

So they’d been keeping an eye on me as I failed within a shitty system and didn’t think to do anything about it except watch me fail further. Cheers!

(I asked for my old school reports from them this week actually for another reason but had been quite excited to track my demise but they said they’d been destroyed)