Home:
Addy
Addy McPaddy
McPadamus

DiS:
100% sexy
King of Swag

3 Likes

School - Bones (not Star Trek related, I was very skinny)

Home - Pacey (not Dawson’s Creek related, predated that show 🤷)…

1 Like

Weeber

3 Likes

8-13: Farty, was short for Fat Farty Fearn. Was really great being introduced with it to girls on a PGL trip, such a mixed set of emotions hearing someone you fancy shout “I love Farty, he’s the best” when completing a facing forward abseil

13+
Burners or Burnard
Cause I kept getting caught smoking

2 Likes

Was quite funny that both of my brothers and I were known as Tomo to our friends but not everyone knew our first names. So quite often people would knock on or call the house phone and squeal “ee-arr is Tomo in?” only for my bemused, incredibly well spoken mother to ask which one they meant and a lot of the time got a “erm, dunno?” in response

4 Likes

None I would care to recall.

1 Like

Ohhh ~penny drops~ I was saying it like it rhymed with, err, Comb-o

One of my parent’s nicknames for me that really doesn’t translate was based on two key facts about me: I sniffle a lot, and my hair is messy.

Another one they had for me was based on my being a very fat baby/toddler who was surprisingly fast. Not always a good combo, as it would turn out.

Thanks for the lovely names, mum and dad

1 Like

I was briefly nicknamed Squirrel, as my (then) French-sounding surname was mispronounced by a lad from Hong Kong at school. Nothing to do with nuts.

But mostly, due to being quite wee at the time, Squirt.

Got called Mary a bit when I was about 18 which was a reference to the song Mambo #5 but I can’t remember why

2 Likes

Older sister called me “Anthony” from the Royle Family as she was always getting me to make her tea

1 Like

laughing quite a lot at this

3 Likes

There was a David Pugh in an old place of work that we would call pubes or pubiscus, behind his back of course.

2 Likes

Another vote for not wanting to recall the absolute horrid time I had in secondary school as a child. Urrgh.

1 Like

This is how I’ll be referring to you from now on.

3 Likes

a weird number of people call me by my full name. doesn’t happen in Spain for obvious reasons, but my first and surnames really roll off the tongue together.

1 Like

Doughnut or piglet

Wasn’t even fat ffs. Just ate a normal amount compared to the skinny malnourished scratty kids.

Evidence:

3 Likes

A lot of people have and a lot of people still do call me by my surname.

Really weird when a friend’s partner who I don’t really know does it.

1 Like