Childhood teddy

Please use this thread to tell me the names of your childhood teddies so i can find you all absolutely adorable. Or just give me details about being obsessed with a mouldy old blanket or something.

Never named my teddies - I didn’t really trust or like them at all, and didn’t have one comfort toy or anything like that. Guess my thing was touching surfaces i liked the look of with the back of my hand whilst stroking my nose with the other. Absolutely normal behaviour.

M has Miss Sugar (a croissant), Danni Rabbit, and Ruffy the space dog.

Ruffy is such a great lad :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

Don’t have pictures to hand but I had Harry (a bear) and Benny (a rabbit in dungarees)

2 Likes

I had a rhinoceros that I named Albert and a crocodile called Stanley, both were purchased from Paignton Zoo I believe, and I think they’re in a box in the loft, so pics may be forthcoming.

3 Likes

First big teddy for me was a Nessie but he got lost in Sainsburys which was pretty traumatic.

Luckily Biggles stepped up and did me a real solid through childhood after that. Unfortunately he didn’t make it into adulthood.

Horace then came along though and kept me sane and now sleeps with my youngest.

Not got any old pics but if Horace behaves we’ll see later…

1 Like

I faked really caring for a fluffy frog (Fred) because I knew that ‘normal’ kids loved their soft toys but it was all a facade.

2 Likes

Yeah this is how i felt too. Just couldn’t form an attachment to anything (except fleeting flings with pebbles)

1 Like

Think it was the first thing I felt ‘abnormal’ about

1 Like

I have one bought for me before i was born from mothercare called betsy, i still have her and always loved her. Here’s betsy with me when i was a toddler and also in Beijing with me on my first international holiday. I asked my mum to sew an outfit for her and she did, but told me to sew on one sleeve to practice my sewing but i cba and it never got done. She’s in a drawer in my mum’s house with the lads (the kangaroo i got aged 6 called skippy after the tv show and the cat i got aged 8 called tabby)

S3700184

27 Likes

I had a Snoopy dog that my sister ripped the ear off. Also had Snowy, a white bear, and Spike who was a brown bear that my dad was given at a concert. They were the big three.

1 Like

Had this with human dolls Iike baby dolls and barbies, tbh i found them creepy but enjoyed hairdressing on barbies and giving them felt tip makeup and hair dye

1 Like

I had a slimer from ghostbusters pillow thing which i suspected a friend of stealing. Now i think my mum probably binned it because it was covered in drool. Was his natural state tho tbf.

4 Likes

Loved my werebear also

s-l400

11 Likes

Omg i want to cuddle little you so much

5 Likes

Had a bear I inherited from my mum that I called Richard. When she had him in the 70s it was called Pinkie because it was bright pink. By the time it was handed down to me it was a lovely washed out dull cream mixed with manky brown. I tried to pass him onto our kids but they are quite rightly terrified of him.

1 Like

Had a few, including this one (not actual pic) where it had a heart inside that would beat. Creepy/sweet

3 Likes

Here is mine, Little Ted.

He is the ultimate goodboy.

He had three friends - Blue dog, a Blue dog, Little Bear, a little bear, and… Little Ted 2, a little Ted.

I wasn’t the most imaginative with the names

11 Likes

I had a puppet of Sooty that was the closest thing to a comfort teddy for me, he had a little magic wand and my sister flushed it down the toilet

My main man from birth was a small cuddly Casper the ghost. Still have him. He’s been sewn up so many times because I used to poke a hole in the seam and pull out the stuffing so my mum was continually putting it back in. Got washed as much as me too I reckon. Like this:

4 Likes

The only one I can remember is a tatty old Rupert the Bear one :frowning:

2 Likes