Chilli

Wonderful stuff. Good with chips, on jacket potatoes, on top of burgers or hotdogs, just with some crusty bread, or with rice if you’ve run out of everything else. Both the meaty and vegetarian versions are great, which isn’t that common imo. Quite like using chopped up steak instead of mince sometimes, or pork belly. If we’re feeling particularly indulgent then it goes in the slow cooker. Chilli is great and you can’t convince me otherwise.

13 Likes

are you talking about chili the meal or chili peppers?

1 Like

Had some mates who believed the best way to cook chili included putting a Mars bar in the pot to give it a thickness and a bit of sweetness.

I disagree strongly with this belief.

4 Likes

Love a chilli, the longer and slower cooked, the better.

Kidney beans, however, can fuck right off.

1 Like

Spicy bolognese with beans

Chocolate in chili is really good, can see how the Mars bar thing would be a good idea but also what about the nougat?

(also great post-username interface for this subject)

3 Likes

I often put a bit of cocoa in my chilli, so can see the logic, but… nah

3 Likes

It uspets me that there seems to be no canon accompaniment since it’s a ‘made up’ dish. Cornbread is clearly the best side though.

Read my post and then you fucking tell me. I’m not paid to be your eyes.

1 Like

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

I make Chilli and I eat Chilli, in that order.

3 Likes

Both are excellent tbf

1 Like

Not at all!

When I make chilli or bolognese at home though it’s basically the same recipe (since I can’t really put much spice in the chilli, thanks kids), tend to put some red wine in the bol and beer in the chilli, but aside from that the main difference is kidney beans.

Am I alone in this?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty similar tbh. I use the Hairy Bikers chilli recipe and follow roughly the same procedure for bolognese. Wine in both though.

1 Like

in light of your rudeness, i will excuse myself from the thread. it costs nothing to be a gentleman.

4 Likes

No, you’re right, I apologise. I was talking about the meal of chilli. If we fall out then the rest of these chumps will be allowed to run amok.

1 Like

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

I enjoy the meal chilli on jacket potatoes and hot dogs a lot.

served with rice is one of my least favourite however.

1 Like

One of those dishes where an excellent chilli is a supreme god like experience but you only get that experience probably less than 2% of the times you eat chilli in your life, and like 80/90% of the time it’s just really boring. (UK-centric)

2 Likes

Leftover chilli sandwich is nice.