Choose your own gerbil adventure

The threads aren’t inspiring me today so I am making a wholesome choose your own adventure thread. Only my polls contribute towards your gerbil adventure.

You are a handsome and sprightly gerbil. You live alone in a huge aquarium filled with toys, a sandpit, lots of cardboard tubes and a wooden house, looked after by a loving family.

It’s 11am on a Tuesday. You’ve just woken up. Do you…

• Stay in your house - it is warm and full of hay!
  • Nab a treat and scurry off to eat it in your house
  • Feng Shui your tank by determinedly rearranging the cardboard tubes
  • Go for a brisk run in your wheel
  • Roll around in the sandpit and make your coat all soft

0 voters

I’ll add a new poll next time I remember.

4 Likes

I’m actually quite excited to see where this goes.

2 Likes

6 Likes

You nab a treat and scurry to your house!

Nap time?

• Nap time.
  • Nope, I’m washing down my treat with some water from the water bottle.
  • Nope, I’ve had some fuel and I’m ready to energetically reorganise the layout of the tank.

0 voters

1 Like

I’ve always, always said that I bet @anon5266188, @Gert and @Avery are as passionate about gerbil hydration as I am. Nice to be proved right.

6 Likes

Gerbils like to drink water out of those bottles that have a little steel ball in them and I think I’d like to do that too

4 Likes

I wanted to say water but I am never going to vote against a nap.

2 Likes

I admire you sticking to your moral code.

1 Like

I would love to do that.

We used to have a lovely gerbil who was the rodent equivalent of left-handed and instead of drinking facing forward, he would twist his head around backwards and drink that way :pleading_face: gerbils are such good lads!!

1 Like

What a free spirited individual!

I enjoy to see a gerbil holding a bit of food in their little hands and having a munch

3 Likes

Gerbil paws are great. Especially when they put one on your arm assertively for balance :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Imagining this thread starting out very regular gerbil activities but eventually morphing into our gerbil going on an epic fantasy-type quest.

7 Likes

frantically rewrites script

2 Likes

I for one am fascinated by where this is going. Best thread of the year so far.

3 Likes

It is very lovely thinking about all these nice things a gerbil could be doing. Quite relaxing.

3 Likes

I’ve had quite the last couple of hours so I’m enjoying it with my lunch break.

2 Likes

You have a drink from your water bottle!

Now you’re a hydrated little prince! But the Loud Man has come to take you out of the tank and call you ‘a big boy’ and ask if you’ve ‘had a nice little drinky’. What do you do?

• Run away!!!
  • Try to nibble his fingers
  • Begrudgingly let Loud Man take you out of the tank so you can get some snuggles and survey your kingdom from on high

0 voters

1 Like

I cannot tell you how funny it is to try and add new posts to this thread while interviewing students and being all professional.

6 Likes

Evening bump!