The threads aren’t inspiring me today so I am making a wholesome choose your own adventure thread. Only my polls contribute towards your gerbil adventure.
You are a handsome and sprightly gerbil. You live alone in a huge aquarium filled with toys, a sandpit, lots of cardboard tubes and a wooden house, looked after by a loving family.
It’s 11am on a Tuesday. You’ve just woken up. Do you…
- Stay in your house - it is warm and full of hay!
- Nab a treat and scurry off to eat it in your house
- Feng Shui your tank by determinedly rearranging the cardboard tubes
- Go for a brisk run in your wheel
- Roll around in the sandpit and make your coat all soft
I’ll add a new poll next time I remember.
I’m actually quite excited to see where this goes.
You nab a treat and scurry to your house!
- Nap time.
- Nope, I’m washing down my treat with some water from the water bottle.
- Nope, I’ve had some fuel and I’m ready to energetically reorganise the layout of the tank.
I’ve always, always said that I bet @anon5266188, @Gert and @Avery are as passionate about gerbil hydration as I am. Nice to be proved right.
Gerbils like to drink water out of those bottles that have a little steel ball in them and I think I’d like to do that too
I wanted to say water but I am never going to vote against a nap.
I admire you sticking to your moral code.
We used to have a lovely gerbil who was the rodent equivalent of left-handed and instead of drinking facing forward, he would twist his head around backwards and drink that way gerbils are such good lads!!
What a free spirited individual!
I enjoy to see a gerbil holding a bit of food in their little hands and having a munch
Gerbil paws are great. Especially when they put one on your arm assertively for balance
Imagining this thread starting out very regular gerbil activities but eventually morphing into our gerbil going on an epic fantasy-type quest.
frantically rewrites script
I for one am fascinated by where this is going. Best thread of the year so far.
It is very lovely thinking about all these nice things a gerbil could be doing. Quite relaxing.
I’ve had quite the last couple of hours so I’m enjoying it with my lunch break.
You have a drink from your water bottle!
Now you’re a hydrated little prince! But the Loud Man has come to take you out of the tank and call you ‘a big boy’ and ask if you’ve ‘had a nice little drinky’. What do you do?
- Run away!!!
- Try to nibble his fingers
- Begrudgingly let Loud Man take you out of the tank so you can get some snuggles and survey your kingdom from on high
I cannot tell you how funny it is to try and add new posts to this thread while interviewing students and being all professional.