Christ’s Heaven journey/Eid al-fitr Thursday thread

Yes, today is the start of a 4-day weekend and of course I was up at 6:30am for no reason at all

It’s Ascension Day or, as we say in Sweden, Kristi Himmelsfärdsdag - hence the thread title

It’s also Eid Al-Fitr as Ramadan comes to an end

Eid Mubarak!

Tell me about your Thursday DiS

3 Likes

Morning all.

Eid Mubarak.

Not sure what to say for Ascension.

Travelling into the office for the 3rd time this week. Writing bids which are highly unlikely to be successful regardless of quality is a real slog. You want to do a good job but, :man_shrugging:

Taskmaster tonight.

Also need to keep an eye on how long the tram takes to get me to the Etihad, so I can time my journey right to get my vaccine tomorrow.

1 Like

Good morning and Eid Mubarak to those celebrating

Got my 2nd pint of Pfizer booked for 9.54 (so precise!) this morning, so going to take the dog for a quick walk beforehand and then stop off at the supermarket on the way and buy some comfort food in case I feel like shit later and tomorrow.

Day off so I’m up at 7am obviously.

1 Like

Lycklig Kristi Himmelsfärdsdag

Eid Mubarak :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice day for it though eh?

Morning all. Eid Mubarak! And happy Ascension Day (I take it that this is why @shes_so_high was buying all the lovely cakes and butters yesterday?)

How about a bit of Sufjan?

2 Likes

Eid Mubarak to all my Muslim friends.

1 Like

Hemelvaartsdag

Never been there, but I drove through there once. Horrendous roundabouts.

3 Likes

Suikerfeest

1 Like

Greetings from Hoogy HQ

I’ll be here all day, every day

2 Likes

Morning all!

I’m quite busy today doing things that would be quite easy if I was in the building but are difficult while working at home. I’m going into the building for about an hour to sort some assessment papers, coming back home to do some virtual induction sessions and then teaching a class at 6.30.

We’re having one of my all-time meals for tea (sausage and mash) so that will be good.

Just had veggie sausage and beans for breakfast, how decadent.

Inset day today which I think they timed for Eid too which is nice, although today is my usual clean the flat day so not going to be much fun for M.

Will take the cat for a walk at some point, and put the new pedals and stuff on M’s bike.

Aye, can’t complain!

1 Like

Also this

5 Likes

Morning

Wet here in b-town

I made the most incredible mushroom and spinach pasta sauce last night. Like I did served that shit on masterchef I’d have been awarded the season win immediately. Game over.

Just work today

5-dayer here :sunglasses: Not that it matters much to a lowly freelancer like me, tbf.

I’m going to see the horses today for the first time in months! Including 4 brand new baby horses :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like