Christingle (did you?)

i’d like to make a full and frank retraction of my claim that there is no chris dingle. i was wrong and will be stepping away from life in the public eye.

Ah! I see where you’ve gone wrong. Charity was the Dingle, Chris married her and in a scene which didn’t make the final cut for an episode they decided that he would take her surname as part of an effort for ITV to modernise at the time. Therefore it is canon that there is a Chris Dingle and the joke was actually good.

candle in an orange! yeah! used to love making them for some reason. you celebrate the light of christ coming into the world i think. our diocese sometimes tied it in with our nativity mass and play, tho i think you can do it at easter too. for advent innit. only did it at primary school, haven’t seen it done since then. just asked the (middle-class, catholic) missus and she said she’s heard of it but they never did it either.

Piss…tinkle… more like.

from wiki:

An orange, representing the world
A candle pushed into the centre of the orange, then lit, representing Jesus Christ as Light of the World
A red ribbon wrapped around the orange or a paper frill around the candle, representing the blood of Christ
Dried fruits and/or sweets skewered on cocktail sticks pushed into the orange, representing the fruits of the earth and the four seasons

confirmed non-believer now but i really like all the mystical shit of catholicism. and the guilt, love the guilt.

???

Absolutely never heard of this before in my life.

Yeah weirdly the only things I miss are the ritual and mysticism. The actual ‘stuff’ of Catholicism can gtf.

Oh and there are costumes. Of course there are costumes.

when they used to waft the incense around, the smell made me freak out. i bet way back when there was bud or opium in that lantern thing.

I bloody love the smell of incense. Again, the rituals and all that.

people are weird. everything is so weird when you get someone to explain it to you.

A festive orange WITH A CANDLE AND FOUR COCKTAIL STICKS WITH SWEETS!

The year they had dolly mixtures was my favourite.

Catholic funerals are ironically the most fucking Satanic thing on earth

Have you been to a catholic wedding?!

what’s this now

Looks like a waste of orange

is christingle a verb as well as a noun or is that you just having fun with words in the title?

like would someone say “mother, may we chirstingle early this year?” for eg.

“What are you doing?”
“I’m christingling.”

What the fuck is this shit?

No, it’s just a trick of the light.