Christmas cooking/baking/pickling whatever

We’ve still got most of last year’s Christmas cake.

Not sure if anyone has ever finished a christmas cake. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten through more than a quarter.

1 Like

Did some pepperkaker (the most christmassy of all baked goods over here) last weekend with my nephew. Going away for xmas though so not really doing anything more at home, but going to make some marzipan when I get to my parents’, and whatever else we feel like doing together.

1 Like

Going to make a yule log on Christmas eve, Nigella recipe with a ridiculous amount of very rich icing :yum:

Also have yet to make a pumpkin pie this year, so might do that for boxing day.

2 Likes

My wife will be making dark chocolate & pistachio fudge, some rocky road type chocolate things we invented (melted Dairy Milk and Dairy Milk with popping candy and jelly beans, jelly tots, crunchies, peanuts and marshmallows, all set together in the fridge), and loads of gingerbread men and sausage rolls. We’re going to my mum and dad’s on Christmas day this year so saving our usual sirloin beef roast till boxing day. Christmas Eve I always make cola-ham, dauphinois and green beans.

1 Like

:yum:

1 Like

What a star!

1 Like

I love me a bit of pickled oeuf.

2 Likes

But in all seriousness, I have failed to make a xmas cake this year as every time I went to go and buy and soak my fruit, something came up and I never ghot around to it and now it’s obvs way too late. So I’m going to buy one, feed it with calvados and then ice it myself.

I’ve been eating a lot of yule logs recently. They’re so good.

1 Like