Christmas Day thread

Merry Christmas DiS!

What are you up to? I’m trying to keep an excited 4 year old in bed for a little longer… but failing!

:evergreen_tree::heart::clinking_glasses::beer::tumbler_glass::gift::tada:

8 Likes

Going to my sisters at 1.30. Bumming around until then

1 Like

I’ve been awake on and off since about 4am as (this sounds ludicrous) THEY ONLY HAVE ONE PILLOW TO SLEEP WITH HERE AND IT’S REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE FFS

I need sleeps

2 Likes

It sounds ludicrous because it is!

1 Like

Woken at 5.30 by daughter yelling about it being Christmas.

She is now sleeping. Gah

3 Likes

Pls Theo I need another pillow :sob:

Mid-evening here.

At my gf’s brother’s place with loads of their family and in-laws. It’s not been toooo bad. Good food (the traditional mixed with barbecue steak and sausages), pretty chilled, no racist uncles and now we’re playing Settlers of Catan.

3 Likes

Why do your parents not have a second one?? This is terrible

It’s Mike’s parents. I guess that’s just how they roll :person_shrugging::person_shrugging::person_shrugging:

Woken up early again. Really annoying, I’ve been struggling to get up at this time for months but when I’m practically off for 3 weeks, BOOM! wide awake. Driving down to spend the day with my wife’s family, then back up tomorrow evening, before one day back at work on Thursday.

Happy merry Christmas day everyone!

2 Likes

Morning early Christmassers, I got woken up by the house phone ringing as the TV’s nan’s had a fall :slightly_frowning_face: hoping she’s ok, my in-laws have gone round to check on her. Hopefully she won’t have to go to hospital as apparently she sounded alright on the phone.

I’ve got a cold and couldn’t get back to sleep so I’ve snuck downstairs to avoid bothering the TV and I’m now having a festive breakfast of Weetos.

Merry Christmas!

1 Like

No pillows is how they roll FFS?

Can’t you just nip over to your folks’ and borrow one?

Oh no, hope all is okay for her. Rubbish Christmas news :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks, the fact she got up and got to the phone is a good sign so :crossed_fingers:t3:

4 Likes

Happy Christmas everyone.

Decided to play this on my daughter’s present

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrzQ9aoAbMF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=tj14f5epjx1l

12 Likes

Merry morning!

R has given me the Christmas present of not walking up early :heart:

A but anxious about a day of no routine, but hopefully Christmas spirit gets me through.

@nemrac I hope your tv’s nan is ok x

19 Likes

IT’S CHRISTMAS

19 Likes

Hello.

Laying in my daughter’s bed, son has just woken up this second. Think we’re about to start the day.

Happy ruddy Xmas you lot!!!

6 Likes

Feel a bit sad pocketmouse hasn’t posted. Doesn’t seem like DiS Christmas without their input.

Merry Christmas DiSsers!

After a movie marathon yesterday I’m waiting for my parents to wake up whilst listening to a rooster making a deepthroated squawk-howl to the rising sun.

Today: Breakfast, lunch with my grandad and then napping in front of the TV but I really need to walk as my legs are starting to get twitchy already. Anyone else get this at this time of the year?

10 Likes