Christmas decorations thread

Let’s have a look at your decorations (lights, trees and anything else) please.

I don’t have any up yet, just some holly.

1 Like

I had such beautiful decorations that took me years to accumulate, then when my nan died I inherited hers which I’d always admired and were all from the 50s.

Lost them in a house move.

It really upsets me, I don’t mind the ones I have now but I feel such a doofus for losing them.

Anyway just the tree up this year so far but as it gets closer to Xmas I’ll buy some mistletoe and a fresh garland with berries and shit.

I like my Mexican lady though, and my suffragette

20181201_130639

16 Likes

The Helen Dardik one has a couple of non-white faces in but a bit child like…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqxqT0Pnatn/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ok29d75i98bl

2 Likes

3 Likes

tree is up :+1::christmas_tree:

need something to go on the top imo

11 Likes

Ours is up. Here’s a really shit photo cos I can’t be cba to get up, turn the big light on and do it properly…

4 Likes

white dog under the tree is obviously in fashion this year :+1:

1 Like

Just noticed yours - it’s the exact same one I think haha.

1 Like

13 Likes

Got a whole bunch of these big paper snowflakes from Wilkinson this year (as well as the 80p version there is a larger £1 variant) and am very pleased with them - they fill up a huge space for very little money but fold down completely flat for storage and also no plastic (other than the packaging - wish they could put stuff like this in wax paper rather than cellophane). Would look especially good on a dark wall I think :snowflake:

1 Like

10 Likes

Got a really good tree this year :christmas_tree:

8 Likes

I still don’t have any decorations up, it’s the latest I’ve been in many years.

I have a small fake tree at home, but the proper tree at my parents’ house doesn’t go up until the 23rd.

I posted a pic of the tree yesterday. We’ve also got fairy lights up in the window, round the bookcase and above a couple of doorways.

I thought I’d draw your attention to a couple of decorations on our tree. There was a time when everything on our tree was neatly arranged and properly coordinated. This isn’t the time any more! Nevertheless I quite like the hotchpotch. Favourites include:

The Santa and angel that my sister-in-law brought back from Uganda

A cardboard tube angel (probably something that one of them brought back from nursery one year but I can’t remember)

And a “boingy Santa” which we won in a game called The Present Game. It’s seen better days but I think it’s kind of quaint

10 Likes

11 Likes

Outside tree up. Needs more lights, which I’ll sort tomorrow.

Now for indoors.

5 Likes

These are my two favourites…got the polar bear at a craft fair yesterday and the snowboarding bear is from our honeymoon in Canada. We picked up a tree ornament in each place we visited and this is from Whistler.

13 Likes

big fan of the snowboarding bear

I brought this Santa the other week, the woman selling it hated it but I couldn’t resist it!

5 Likes

Indoor tree.

10 Likes