Christmas Eve Eve Evening Thread

Alright? Absolutely knackered lads. Been out delivering beer to people I know on the way home, and it’s a pre-Christmas chorefest here but feeling pretty festive too. Had this for tea and it was incredible

Gonna drink two beers and get an early night ahead of a 7am start tomorrow. YOU?!?

11 Likes

Making fajitas for dinner. Wasn’t gonna drink but felt glum, so I cracked our bottle of Christmas Tide and it is doing the trick nicely

2 Likes

4 Likes

Christmas plans have been hastily rearranged. No food in so been forced to get a curry in

7 Likes

What’s on the combo platter please?

1 Like

This is an absolutely lovely thing to offer.

It’s a bit far from Glasgow (or Whitley Bay) so we would be unable to take any of it.

2 Likes

Very good in a medicinal way, that.

So sorry for your situation.

2 Likes

8 Likes

First of the picky teas omg!

FLAMING CHOP!

1 Like

Austin Powers Movie GIF

2 Likes

got the vegan pizza i couldn’t be arsed to eat last night, whoopee. spent a good few hours shooting zombies and will probably continue to do that coz i don’t have much mental energy to do much else. do weirdly feel like watching the matrix though, continuing my trend of watching shite blockbuster/films to watch when you’re ill type stuff.

starting to worry i may not have enough lemon and ginger tea to last me through isolation :scream:

Gonna make this cranberry sauce tomorrow

1 Like

I will not watch that movie. Unless they call it Wayne’s World 3 and/or somehow fit it into the Star Wars extended universe.

3 Likes

:grinning: I’ll struggle on… somehow. Be brave :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also want to watch the matrix. Maybe we should all watch in sync (did used to do this with a pal like a total saddo…OK press plaaaaaaaaay NOW, then chat to each other on messenger throughout)

2 Likes

Joan Didion died. Well that sucks.

Went out to get the last of the Christmas stuff, by which I mean really ‘all of’ the Christmas stuff aside from our main meal. My partner’s sister ordered a Christmas meal for us both which is so nice and makes things a lot easier, but we didn’t really have any snacks in, so I went on a supermarket sweep of all the ‘good aisles’ and now we have some serious snacks in. Buying snacks is a key skill of mine.

Left picking up a meat pre-order til last, which was a mistake as it turned out to be 3 large boxes. Not entirely sure how I carried that and 3 large bags of snacks to the car. Worst thing was that I hadn’t put my belt on, so I had to stop every 30 metres to put everything down and pull my trousers up.

Now I’m watching 24 and I plan to eat all of the snacks I’ve bought. ALL OF THEM.

3 Likes
  • some kind of Matrix communal watch thing tonight

0 voters

• start at 8
  • start at 9

0 voters

Got a Zoom call with the lads from back home. Not up for this at all.

Might have to outsource the banter to here