šŸŽ„ Christmas Excitement 2018 thread! šŸŽ„

I donā€™t have any desire to smoke again but I still miss the ritualistic aspects of it sometimes

Canā€™t afford Christmas this year, sorry lads.

The guy at work who has the Christmas countdown board hasnā€™t been around for aaaaages, it still says like 134 days or something.

Anyway: second Christmas staying in Edinburgh, really excited. Hopefully it wonā€™t rain on Christmas Day this year so we can go poke around the deserted Old Town!

Looking fit something to do on Boxing Day. Last year we went to see Shrek: the Musical, this year the theatre has Kinky Boots which I think weā€™re going to skip. Proper novelty being somewhere stuff happens at Christmas. Such a revelation after spending most of my life on a cheapo boring 90s single housing estate where thereā€™s 1 shop and nothing else.

1 Like

this sounds like a nice/probably worthwhile thing to do

1 Like

Need to start making Christmas decorations now my wrist has recovered and I can use my saw again. Have to think of some nice designs, did Christmas trees, stockings and bauble shapes last year, I might branch out to something new. If I get enough I will attach them to Christmas cards for family as presents.

Looking forward to DiSmas more than Christmas tho tbhtbf.

3 Likes

already been invited to the work do, planning to make it a 3rd straight year of non-attendance
want to take my gf to a few different places in the UK but Iā€™ll only have a few days holiday left
Whereā€™s nice to go at xmas?

Saw this on Broadway a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it fwiw

1 Like

Maybe heā€™s hiding somewhere at your work and is going to jump out on Christmas Day to I assume an empty office unless you work at the Elf factory or in Wetherspoons

1 Like

Kinky Boots is pretty good tbf, I mean unless you really hate musicals.

Really REALLY donā€™t want to be in the country for it but Iā€™m running out of time.

found out earlier this month that my mum is real keen for us to do xmas 2019* in australia cos my sister lives there and my dad will have just retired so can be a starting point for them to travel round the other side of the globe for a couple of months.

i have very firmly said that thereā€™s absolutely no iā€™m doing xmas in australia

glad i got my correct and good opinion to her almost 18 months in advance

feel free to tell me iā€™m wrong btw

(i am not wrong, literally anything involving a risk of 40Ā° heat can piss right off)

*thatā€™s right, xmas next year

iā€™d love to go to australia for christmas :frowning:

6 Likes

Weā€™ll be in Australia for Christmas this year! Hopefully weā€™ll be having Christmas on the beach. Very excited, now that itā€™s actually real.

2 Likes

my parents went to australia last year in July and obviously the beaches were empty cos it was only about 22Ā°, sounded perfect, well up for going at that time of year

Halloween first m9

1 Like

This afternoon our office reception area has been turned into a ā€œWinter wonderlandā€ by one of the companies we work with so we can go along and have a festive photo shoot if we want to.

Ooops! Just ordered some xmas decs.

5 Likes

I just bought my first xmas presents.

One of these for my mum and my BFF (and I got one for myself too)

https://www.dunelm.com/product/long-teddy-hot-water-bottle-grey-1000126791

Think my wife would like one of them. Good work. Although I canā€™t be fucked to go to Dunelm Mill.