🤶🥔 Christmas Food Thread 2021 🧀🎄

Last year I made a massive sausage roll on Christmas Eve, I’ve done the same again this year. This is a tradition now, right?

Also yesterday I had panettone eggy bread for breakfast and it was absolutely on point.

11 Likes

I’m going to be making a panettone bread puddings sometime over the next week :blush:

Office manager’s daughter owns a deli so we had a selection of sandwiches and cakes brought out to us for lunch, washed down with one (1) pint of Pale Ale.

8 Likes

Please do! :blush:

1 Like

Tonight i am making whole roast teriyaki duck, with asian cabbage, pickled carrots and rice

2 Likes

Just raided the fridge and have found two full packs of celery so now being my best rabbit self. Tried to get dad to have some and he wasn’t having any of it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Had a deep fried mince pie from the chip shop. Definitely an improvement!

12 Likes

So cute and I bet it was delicious :yum:

1 Like

Massive vegetarian wellington made ahead of Xmas lunch with the in-laws tomorrow.

9 Likes

It’s this specific recipe:

Made it last year as well, and it was excellent. Enough leftovers in the freezer for about another 6 meals afterwards too.

1 Like

Västerbotten dream

1 Like

Got confused and thought “that’s a funny looking peanut butter cake”

1 Like

I too have just made this ahead of tomorrow (but baking it then), went half size and left another one in the freezer too, recipe is enormous. Absolutely buzzin for it. Yours looks mega.

2 Likes

Lovely stuff! We baked it today because I have to drive us to my sister-in-laws tomorrow and we didn’t want to have to try to fit it in their oven along with the turkey and stuff for the non-vegetarians. It’s so ridiculously massive! :laughing:

1 Like

Picky tea number two

6 Likes

Celebration day is today in this house.

5 Likes

And picky teas are go!

Couple of slices of nice bread, couple of slices of gammon (that I cooked this afternoon for ‘cold meats’ purposes over the coming days) and a bit of cheddar (just the general all purpose stuff, the Isle of Mull is for tomorrow onwards).

3 Likes

Big dish o pork pibil ready for tomorrow (all the guests are bringing a dish, will be some traditional bits and some less so). We’ve got fresh tacos from cool Chile co and pickled red onions to go with it. Have made this a few times but I think this might be the best.

9 Likes

Hnnnnnnggghhh I hate silly food people

Trying not to get into an argument about how to cook a turkey

So I am having to wrap an ENTIRE Turkey in foil, as tight as possible (!!!). Close to bursting already ngl

(This is after me asking much more than once if they were sure that they wanted me to prep the turkey and would just let me get on with it)

I want this

1 Like