🎁 🎄 Christmas Gift Ideas 2022 🎄 🎁

We haven’t got one yet have we?

Anyone started shopping yet? I’m nearly done, mainly because I don’t know if I’ll be at home by Christmas so want to get my ducks in a row.

Do drop your ideas or finds below!

Can vouch for these guys for nice hampers and the like, no christmas stuff on there yet but expect there will, the quality is great https://cutterandsquidge.com/

1 Like

5 Likes

some baaaad stuff about him coming out soon

merry christmas!

Oh no, really?

Yeah I read it on the Internet

3 Likes

I got a mix box of Square Root Soda and the TV got a mix set of Aqua Madre Kefir bottles last year and highly recommended. Black Friday deals sure to appear soon.

Going to get her one of these this year; GroCycle Mushroom Grow Kit

1 Like

I do not like having recipe books myself but this one looks banging

https://www.waterstones.com/book/mezcla/ixta-belfrage/9781529148091

1 Like

Anyone able to recommend books/things for someone getting into foraging?

not a recommendation per se, but pleased I just nabbed mum a copy of the new Idlewild thing that @GoldFlakePaint worked on

though tbh that and the Stuart Braithewaite books would be good for any of the indie das/mas/sibs/amigos in your life

The Forager’s Calendar by John Wright is a good one for learning about plants, fruit and fungi through the seasons. If they’re more into fungi then The River Cottage Handbook on fungi (also John Wright) is my fave as its easy to use. If they’re really keen then the Roger Phillips book is supposed to be the mushroom bible but it’s big and might be too daunting for a beginner.

2 Likes

Also a knife is a good present (Swiss army knife or a foraging knife with a little brush on the end to get rid of dirt). Maybe a little wicker basket too?

1 Like

These are great ideas! Thanks!

1 Like

Anybody know any good gifts under £20 for people dipping this toes into meditation? Not really sure what type of meditation she’s doing though!

1 Like

For someone into gardening, Japanese tools are a great buy. Got my mum one of these Hori Hori knives and a mini scythe type thing, she loved them, and now all her friends have been getting them since seeing hers.

This sort of thing (lots of others out there)

5 Likes

My wife’s looking for a hobby, something she can do maybe while watching TV would be good. She tried crochet before but found it too difficult. Any ideas for gifting?

1 Like

A cross stitch set?

1 Like

A subscription to Cotton Clara? You can cancel anytime. I did it for a while and really enjoyed it but i prefered the embroidery and felt i was getting more cross stitch so ended it but its really nice designs and packaging ans you sometimes get extras like really sharp embroidery scissors or a tape measure etc. You can buy some kits individually too but the subscription is a sweet way to get started

1 Like

Bargello! I’m in the middle of one of these.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll look into these!

This just arrived yesterday. I thought I had no interest in this kind of thing but I sat and flicked through it for about half an hour. My sister’s going to love it, thanks!

3 Likes