How’s the Christmas shopping going?

• Completely finished
  • Not even started
  • Done a little bit, lots more to go
  • Nearly there
  • Halfway or so
  • Not on presentbook

0 voters

Have got my parents, sister and BiL all sorted, about halfway through Mrs F’s now and will get the rest on payday. Thanks to Klarna I’m getting her a Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser that she’s been after for ages amongst other things, so that’ll be nice.

All ideas/questions/suggestions/chat welcome!

1 Like

No boring ‘buying stuff is bad you capitalist pig’ posts please.

2 Likes

This thread existing has just increased my dread levels 100 fold.

No idea for anyone yet. Would much rather not bother

1 Like

Just linking to this for those buying for kids

Also the dis shop thread needs some action in it

Dis makers or businesses post your wares in here: Buy DiS

2 Likes

Buying stuff is bad you capitalist pig.

3 Likes

Hi Ruffers.

1 Like

In all seriousness probably some ceramic ducks.

3 Likes

Only buy for nieces and nephews now (oh and my mum). Will just ask my sisters what they want, as usual. Great uncle-ing.

Quite miss getting gifts though :cry:

1 Like

Talk to me about pretty coffee table books. I think they’re nice things to give as gifts

I was done ages ago for M but need to order a calendarfor my mum, 2 cuddle cushions for the kids I see on Xmas days and find something for their parents too. Making some face make up remover things but not sure what else I can afford to make that they’d actually want amd I have time for. Got 2 jumpers to make as well. Fuuuuuuck

Probably just going to tell people they have kindly donated to the new puppy I’m sure their little hearts will tingle with joy

3 Likes

Puppy hug tokens

(I’ll take a lifetime supply)

2 Likes

We’ll bring him on one of your tours when he’s old enough x

1 Like

Mr B and I aren’t doing gifts for each other because there’s not enough cash left over after doing everyone else’s gifts (unless I get a surprise work bonus) so will just do stocking stuff.

I bought all the chocolate for kids’ stockings on Sunday so just need to pick up some small bath bits, a chocolate Santa each and new pants (as is tradition).

Biggest kid is easy to buy for this year - her list is pretty much all squishmallows and other cuddly toys so will get one off her list, she’s having a phone and case, minecraft strategy books and fleece blanket, a songwriter notebook and a toy sloth.

Kid 2 is harder this year. Thinking the vTech camera with green screen so she can pretend to be a YouTuber… squishmallows, a ventriloquist doll/teddy, moon boots (?!). Will get them to write their lists the week after next so I/Santa can get on with it.

Signed them both up for HyperJar cards so will load some cash on those for them to get started with.

I’m making a blanket for my brother’s new house which I probably won’t get finished in time for Christmas unless I spend every free second on it between now and then. Other brother I’m thinking theatre vouchers because he really wants to go to a show but his gf hates musicals so thought we could go with him when he chooses something.

My parents are a nightmare and I’ve no idea what to get them other than the usual calendar with pictures of the kids which is another tradition. In-laws are Mr B’s problem!

2 Likes

Wife works in logistics and keeps repeating some horrifying stories about the state of warehouses, delivery firms, time to delivery etc etc.

As a result, we had a day off last week and got all our shopping done, well ahead of when I’d normally do it and mostly in-store where possible. The only person I’ve got left to do is her, which is going to be trickier.

3 Likes

This is all I get my mum, so pleased knowing I have years of xmas gifts in the bag

3 Likes

I would rather someone get me nothing than get into debt shopping for me!

6 Likes

NFTs for all the family this year

12 Likes

Oh, here’s a list of some of the things I’ve got for people in case it’s inspiring for others:

• A visit to Silverstone museum
  • Rummikub (best game ever)
  • Animal Crossing Monopoly (adorable)
  • Lego sets
  • A Moomin card purse
  • Lush gift set
  • Mini M&S food gift set for aunts and uncles
3 Likes

Have bought these things so far for Mrs F:

• Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser
  • New makeup brushes
  • Satin pillowcases
  • Charmed DVD boxset
  • Various books
  • A4 framed print of her book cover
  • Dinosaur jumper
    Probably forgotten a few more. Will get her a posh diary and notebook she wants and some more books. Maybe some Animal Crossing merch too.

For others:

• Exeter Chiefs book
  • Fancy cake slice
  • Beatles jigsaw
  • Fancy jigger
  • Becky Bettesworth print
  • Sweets platter