🎷 🎄 Christmas Music League 2023 🎄 🎷

Here we go!
Normal music league will be returning in 2024
But here is a special festive edition of music league to keep you going through the festive period: Music League
For those of you who haven’t played before, music league is really easy.

Step 1. Pick a track that fits the theme
Step 2. Submit the track
Step 3. Listen to the playlist
Step 4. Vote for your favorite tracks
Step 5. Watch as you climb the league!

Ho ho ho let’s go! :musical_note:

11 Likes

2 Likes

Bored Episode 2 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

3 Likes

This is my in to music league. Finally!!

8 Likes

I’m drivINg home for Music League (but I’m already worried about some of the rounds…)

In.

Long time lurker here. Always enjoyed the idea of Music League. Will probably perform terribly.

10 Likes

time to get really weird with the picks!

3 Likes

probably won’t tbh

3 Likes

Don’t suppose anyone knows an easy way to see which month albums were released IN?

I just googled albums released in December 1971 or albums released in December 1986 or whatever. Wiki normally reveals it.

intriguing/difficult rounds

I don’t actually know how accurate the site is for historic release dates so perhaps don’t take them as gospel, but you can use this link and just edit the two “1990” to whatever year you want to find albums it recognises as having been released in December of that year.

https://rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/1990.12.01-1990.12.31/

3 Likes

^ if you change the year in this URL it should jump to the December releases for whatever year

3 Likes

Awesome! :sunglasses:

Just to warn you though, one of these steps is an outright lie!!

8 Likes

I initially assumed it was albums released this december, without realising it wasn’t December yet. Guess there’s still technically the chance of an album released this Friday!

5 Likes

19.5 hours of listening time is plenty!

Yep, plus the artists make it easier by releasing fewer albums in December. Easy as (Christmas) pie!

I think you might have requested it a short while back, but were the album of the month voting threads on this board tagged? That might be one way to go back and check December threads/albums on this board for the last few years.

1 Like

They were, @froglet was kind enough to do this.

2 Likes

Yes, no one actually listens to the playlist

5 Likes