Christmas - The thread (with polls, chat encouraged)

Christmas morning: not so much. But I’m happy to go along to a Christmas eve / carol service / crib service.

I thought you’d sorted your Secret Santa present quite quickly

I LOVE a good carol service.

2 Likes

Fairytale of NY is the best Christmas song

• I am devoid of joy
  • Up the RA

0 voters

gettin on the bevvy

• first thing in the morning
  • with lunch
  • short straw and you have to run your nan home but after that
  • some other choice

0 voters

I might drop O Holy Night in the Friday Bangerz thread. Absolute tune.

7 Likes
  • NYE
  • NYD

0 voters

As if epimer would take part in secret santa. I, on the other hand would be delighted to receive £5 worth of fruit creams in the post.

Nobody expects anyone to do anything on NYD. Might be the best day of the year for that reason alone.

2 Likes

Look, it’s just that the exchanging of gifts seems to be a source of great joy for a lot of people, and I’m fundamentally opposed to that.

4 Likes

mum’s steak pie while everyone’s trying their best to make it through their hangovers in silence

great times

2 Likes

NYD when you don’t have to go to work the next day

come to scotland m9

3 Likes

Still this, innit:

3 Likes

and i fuckin love it

2 Likes

After years of my parents taxiing me into town I feel it’s only fair to now take on the Christmas Day duties and let them have a drink. They don’t get much tbf.

1 Like

Always great fun being a parent on NYD. We split the morning shift between us one year: I got up at 6.30, sat them in front of CBeebies for three and a half hours, and then went and had a big sick in the toilet once Mrs CCB woke up (and then went back to bed).

7 Likes

Wrapping presents

• Expertly and neatly, many days in advance
  • Get it done in a shop
  • Slap dash job on Christmas eve
  • What’s wrapping paper?

0 voters

I love christmas only because it means I get time off work.

start with a square present which gives me a false sense of ability, proceed to unusually shaped item and it becomes apparent very quickly this will not look nice

2 Likes