Christmas vegetables

Say you were cooking Christmas dinner (because I am), what vegetables would you do? Limit of 4. Roast potatoes are already on the table. I may get some kind of cauliflower cheese thing from M&S too. Anyway…

• Broccoli
  • Butternut squash (baked?)
  • Cabbage (red)
  • Cabbage (savoy)
  • Cabbage (white)
  • Carrots
  • Cauliflower
  • Courgette
  • Kale (or other ‘spring green’ type shit)
  • Leeks
  • Mange tout
  • New potatoes
  • Parsnips
  • Peas
  • Spinach
  • Sprouts
  • Sugar snap peas
  • Swede
  • Sweetcorn
  • Turnip

0 voters

Thank you and God bless.

Voted for what I would do as opposed to what I would prefer to eat.

Your input is much appreciated.

carrots, 'snips & sprouts for definite

It won’t let me vote. Although I agree with japes with the addition of red cabbage.

I would also like brussels to be at the front of sprouts.

yep, this. probs peas as well just cos it’s nice to have some green on the plate innit.

would prefer cauliflower cheese tho.

I’m sure we’d all like a lot of things, but the world doesn’t work like that.

Fancy having sweetcorn on a christmas dinner

Red cabbage cooked in balsamic vinegar with cranberries is a fucking banging accompaniment and is the reason I voted for it. Just on it’s own it wouldn’t be a contender IMO.

Big fan of sweetcorn, but it would certainly be a controversial vegetable on the Christmas dinner table.

These parsnips, specifically:

I know it’s not TECHNICALLY a vegetable can we just re-assert that anyone serving up yorkshire puddings with their xmas lunch needs a fucking good talking to.

Here’s a thing: despite being vegetarian I am graciously cooking turkey for those family members who insist on having some poor animal slaughtered in order to enjoy their dinner. Just getting a turkey joint so as not to take up too much oven space. Stuffed with sage and onion or whatever, bit of bacon on top… 38 fucking pounds that has set me back. Outrageous.

I hate to pick holes, but why the fuck have you missed out sweet potatoes, you stupid cunt?

wait, what??

You heard.

is this one of those Drowned in Sound .com things where someone says something contrary and ridiculous like it’s a legit thing?

two likes?!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. What would you do with them though? Just boiled sweet potato? Bake them up in to some kind of sweet potato wedge?

Yorkshire Puddings belong with roast beef, maybe lamb at a push. Having them with white meat is not on.