• Cunt
  • GOAT

0 voters

Go on then.

OHHHHH YES

25 Likes

It’s no Trinity

1 Like

yeah no help from me mate but you should totally just make more food. best of luck.

1 Like

This is the lobby of the hotel in The Hague that I stay in for work trips.

Why do they have such small furniture?

12 Likes

fitting

6 Likes

“miley cyrus-isation”

7 Likes

Dunno what’s supposed to be good about him apart from he’s good at war? As if that’s something to be celebrated.

I mean it arguably has some merits and is a source of pride for many (tory) people but best person ever is so weird.

the end of that quote is good too “the little clappy hands in the tweet to say ‘look at me’”

(dead)

7 Likes

A chairde,

Tá Churchill gramaisc na sráide,

Sínithe,

Muintir na hÉireann.

1 Like

Bit early to be on the beamish

4 Likes

I know surprisingly little about Churchill

The People’s Princess

1 Like

Anyone who’s ever been described as a ‘great British wit’ is definitely an awful prick. This is a theory I’ve just come up with but I’m pretty certain it’s watertight

12 Likes

I can’t even drink it anymore! I weep for the future!

I think it’s fair to say that were it not for his fightyness, the outcome of WWII could have been different, but obviously he was completely awful in many, many ways.

5 Likes

Fucking jinxed it. Literally just opened a letter summoning me back there for a hearing.

Fucking Churchill.

8 Likes

Yeah. It can’t be underestimated how key a role he played in keeping the fight against the Nazis going, particularly in 1940. When Chamberlain resigned, it was between him and Halifax (who had the backing of Chamberlain and the King) for the Premiership - had Halifax not lost his nerve, it’s almost certain that Britain would have sued for peace with Hitler in June 1940 and history would have taken a very different course.

I find him a highly fascinating character, largely from a MH point of view. His ‘black dog’ depression and fits of extreme mania where he simply wore those around him down to complete exhaustion.

Although I think it’s fair to say he liked war and the opportunity to play at being a general, he was, by and large, totally shit at it, as Gallipolli and the Norwegian campaign in 1940 proved. Many of his domestic policies were at best short-sighted or downright abhorrent and he was, of course, a brimming imperialist with all the racist and xenophobic undertones there-in attached.

So, GOAT - clearly anything but. A complex and deeply flawed man capable of great moments - yeah, I think so.

Anyway, tl;dr

21 Likes