Cindy Lee

Any fans of Cindy Lee here? (the project of Pat Flegel who was the singer in Women)

Their album ‘Whats tonight to eternity’ was one of my favourites of 2020

Just saw this video of them playing in America this month, totally amazing:

4 Likes

ps. heres the ‘Whats tonight to eternity’ bandcamp to listen to them

2 Likes

Yeah big fan. Tonight to Eternity was my AOTY in 2020.

Would love some new material. Thanks for the video, that’ll be going on the watch list!

3 Likes

Great to meet you - I don’t know any other CL fans so nice to chat to one!

Greatly looking forward to the new album too. I read a post by someone who met them saying that CL is planning on self-releasing a Double LP. Don’t know how true that is or not. The live video is pretty much all new material…

2 Likes

What a video

1 Like

Yeah Cindy is good. What’s Tonight to Eternity was also one of my top albums of 2020, some really great tunes on there especially Lucifer Stand and Heavy Metal. The album is miles ahead of previous ones, IMO, so I’m looking forward to what’s next.

When I saw Cindy open for Preoccupations last month, I missed the beginning of the set and was disappointed not to hear either of these two tracks. Unsure whether either of them was played early on or not. The performance was nice, but also felt a bit unrehearsed and sloppy if I’m honest. But that can happen with a solo performance with backing track. I expected a bit more.

1 Like

I love everything they’ve done so far, and would reallllllllllly love to hear new recorded material. The sound and vibe of the music and vocals remind me of living in the Midwest and hit just right.

This is excellent. But really, like everyone else, I’d prefer a new Cindy Lee record. I’m sure it must be coming soon…

2 Likes
1 Like

Cindy Lee has just released their new album ‘Diamond Jubilee’. And it’s a stunner!
It’s available to buy directly from them.

‘“Diamond Jubilee” is not available on streaming services. Digital album only available for purchase via this website.
The album is 32 tracks. It is 2 hours and 2 minutes long.’

Full details on how to purchase it over at: https://www.geocities.ws/ccqsk/

Album of the year for me.

2 Likes

Excellent news — probably my fav artist of the last decade

1 Like

Just checking this out now. Right up my street!

2 Likes

Oh shit, nice — out early I guess. Noticed the name change on RYM the other day. Guess I’m buying some music today.

Edit: $30? Damn. Yeah it’s 32 tracks but a double album nonetheless, $20-25 would be nice.

Edit 2: $30 CAD is just over $22 US so we’re good.

Shit this is damn good so far. Gonna be listening on a local roadtrip on this sunny Saturday afternoon.

1 Like

Full album available for streaming here, for free

1 Like

I love that Cindy is refusing to have it on Spotify or any of the streaming platforms.
Quite right too for an independent artist who clearly doesn’t like being ripped off.

1 Like

Album is free to download now.

DOWNLOAD DIAMOND JUBILEE ALBUM IN HQ WAV FILE FORMAT HERE:
1.77 GB file on MEGA
OR HERE:
DIAMOND JUBILEE

1 Like

It is free to Download, but it’s worth pointing out that Cindy wrote the following beneath the links:
“***IN TURN IF YOU’RE ABLE SEND $30 CAD ‘DONATION’ VIA PAYPAL TO : realistikstudios@protonmail.com
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR LISTENERS

1 Like

My bad, should have included that bit in my quote. I had copied it from elsewhere.

Blimey 9.1 from Pitchfork today

5 Likes