Classic DiS boring thread: Deposit disputes

I think this might be a legitimate contender for DiS motto.

1 Like

Add Tory after money grabbing and it’s perfect and true

Edit: sounds better

1 Like

I lived in a flat once where bills were included in the price. A few months after I moved out, I got an email from the landlord saying “you used loads more electricity than the average person so your bills aren’t covered by your rent, you owe us £600, give it to us in five days”. I emailed back various emails I’d sent her during the time I lived there complaining about the condition of the property with no responses. Never heard from her again.

Also it’s absolutely fucking NOT £200 for a deep clean. I got one done for 120 when I moved out.

can i hijack this thread for a sec? cheers.

our contract does say we’re required to get the place professionally cleaned but it certainly wasn’t when we moved in. we’re planning on deep cleaning it, but has anyone ever had to provide proof they had it done by a professional company?

I think ‘professional cleaning’ is one of those terms that means whatever you need it to mean.

My old landlord quite clearly cleaned the room himself, claimed it was done professionally and when I asked him for the receipts they mysteriously got lost in the post.