Classic Horror Movies

Just watched the lesser know 1961 Hammer film A Taste Of Fear. Great film and twist from yesteryear. Recommend more old skool Horror classics please…

big fan of this (if you like 70s esoteric bollocks)

Carnival Of Souls - not just one of my favourite ever horror films, probably one of my favourite films full stop. Just be careful not to watch the 80s remake by mistake…

Carnivalofsoulsposters

Yes I agree. Carnival Of Souls is fantastic and uniquely eerie. Will check out the above post too thanks.

Lovely stuff :+1:

Also, what you really need is to wait for @SloameOcean to come online…

I was going to post The Changeling but didnt resalise it was as recent as 1980

Nice eerie flick too. Seen that and 1980 is kinda old I guess…

You rang?

Here are some of my favourites:

• The Cabinet of Dr Caligari – Re-watched this with my son recently and he loved it. First twist ending in movie history? Maybe?
  • The Unknown – Surprisingly dark circus-set horror with Lon Chaney. Really quite twisted.
  • Nosferatu – It doesn’t get much better than this when it comes to classic horror. One of the best adaptations of Dracula.
  • Any of these Universal horror movies: Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon.
  • Vampyr – Pretty slow-moving, but if you surrender to the atmosphere, this is a beautiful film.
  • King Kong – It’s King Kong. Nuff said.
  • House of Wax – Vincent Price in 3D. Worth watching for the yo-yo scene alone.
  • Diabolique – Supremely classy French thriller with a wonderful ending…

Watch any of these between now and the end of the month and your Halloween season will be made immeasurably richer…

Strong mentions. I have The Creature From The Black Lagoon after listening to the Effectively Speaking podcast but am yet to watch it. Nosferatu I watched a few years back and agree is timeless. Will seek the others.

If you can get your hands on the Blu-Ray 3D version of Creature… do so - it makes a really fun film even more enjoyable…

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari is stunning. Amazing sets.

Thanks I have a cheap eBay DVD for now but will check out The Blu Ray too (still not watched it ever!)…