Climate Crisis

2 Likes

GROVERHAUS

2 Likes

with GDP growth now we can buy a new planet when we need one

so it’s definitely going to be ok

3 Likes

Sometimes my climate anxiety dies down a bit but stuff like that and this:

Has been setting me off again recently. I just can’t see how we are going to turn things around. I wonder if beyond the idea that growth is essential, it is also the scale of change society which is required that policy makers simply can’t wrap their heads around.

Have mentioned a couple of times before but the last six months are essentially just an amuse-bouche for what’s to come. Feel quite hopeless about it.

2 Likes

people who were adults in the 80s/90s/00s, were things this apocalyptic or was there a general sense that everything was okay?

• everything was groovy
  • everything groovy but legitimate concerns
  • no it was the same

0 voters

just feel as though there’s been some apocalyptic thing every year since I was about 16.

1 Like

Same. Going to go home this evening and try to think of some more ways to make positive impacts but all feels like small potatoes at this point.

1 Like

It was apocalyptic through childhood (nuclear war, acid rain, hole in the ozone layer) then a few years off then back to the apocalypse again.

5 Likes

Few years off to allow for britpop and euro 96

12 Likes

For a second there I thought there was something we could do involving small potatoes

1 Like

Thing is, even if you ignore climate change there are loads of other human activities that are ruining the planet. There’s the widespread use of bee-killing pesticides for starters. The decline of insect populations is terrifying

1 Like

some of the stuff in here is brutal

like when it’s mentioned that a fire was burning at a rate of an acre per second. yikes

This is a Daily Mash article right?

4 Likes

big fan of this

sometimes when they get things right they do fucking nail it

“We have asked them to stop being floppy. And that might seem like a silly thing to say,

:smiley:

8 Likes

Monty Python’s Climate Crisis

1 Like

Don’t be surprised if the police start lobbying to have this included within the ‘resisting arrest’ scope.