Climbing Thread?

Hiya!

My starter shoes were Scarpa Velocity and they were mint; very comfy whilst still being grippy enough.

I’m bad with heights and it’s not going away. When I get to a certain height, I grip everything like my life depends on it (which is bad technique) so I stick to bouldering. :slight_smile: My GF is bad with heights too, but she feels safer and more comfortable on ropes.

I usually boulder three times a week, have done for about a year. I’m loads stronger and I’ve lost a lot of weight. It’s surprising how quick it starts to have an effect.

Brills. Cheers crisps!

That’s not true. I started going just once a week, then upped it to twice a week at the start of the year. Been going three times since the summer.
Just for boring clarity, like,

1 Like

going to go next week
PROMISE!

Yes, that was me at Sufjan :slight_smile:

There’s Arch North way up in Burnt Oak - bit of a trek but a good centre - it’s normally much quieter than The Castle as well. The two Arch centres (Biscuit Factory and Building One) in Bermondsey are fantastic (obvs not North London, but easy enough to get to). Pretty crowded at peak times, but that’s where I do the vast majority of my climbing.

Let me know if you fancy sorting something - I’m always happy to climb with people, experienced or beginner.

Arch North could be ok as bf has a car and normally drives like 25 minutes to Barnet to a driving range so can’t see why he wouldn’t do it for this too! It looks good on the video. God people make it look so bloody easy!

Will do. We’ll probably try to go this week/weekend and see how we get on and then i’ll keep you posted and we’ll sort something. I live relatively close to the Castle (I’m in Harringay).