Cloning and also Mike the headless chicken

Would you like to clone yourself?

I wouldn’t, the world doesn’t deserve two of me.

Clone chat.

1 Like

Oh good lord no

4 Likes

No I wouldn’t.

It’s an odd thing really. Feels like the concept mainly exists because it makes for a really good story hook than because anyone actually wants it.

2 Likes

Thing is, I’d quite like someone in the flat to keep me company and help with chores and that. But then the ethics of having a clone to do your dirty work is quite iffy

Quite like the chance see how cute my bottom is

1 Like

Abandon reply

1 Like

I’ve amended the title because I also want to talk about mike the headless chicken, a chicken who lived for 18 months after his head had been chopped off

3 Likes

Would be pretty useful at work tbh.

2 Likes

Cloning a second me? No

Cloning a better version of me AND putting my consciousness in that better version, before sending this terrible meat sack off to be recycled? Yes please

4 Likes

wouldn’t mind a headless clone of myself tbh. wouldn’t have to look at my big stupid face.

1 Like

Due to Olsen’s failed attempt to behead Mike, the chicken was still able to balance on a perch and walk clumsily. He attempted to preen, peck for food, and crow, though with limited success; his “crowing” consisted of a gurgling sound made in his throat.[3] When Mike did not die, Olsen instead decided to care for the bird. He fed it a mixture of milk and water via an eyedropper, and gave it small grains of corn and worms.[3][5]

1 Like

He died in a motel :frowning_face:

Although there’d be endless arguments about which of us had to go to work everyday I’d imagine.

Down a famous animals rabbit hole now, if you’ll pardon the pun.

Alex the parrot makes me cry if I think about him for too long.

Cher Ami, a female homing pigeon from world war 1 has won fucking awards and medals
I’ve never won awards and medals and I have thumbs :angry:

2 Likes

Unsinkable Sam! Survived the sinking of THREE ships!

6 Likes

Was Sam ever implicated in how those ships sank?

3 Likes

Because Sam looks guilty as sin

10 Likes

I think I genuinely had a while thought process once when I imagined cloning myself and then everyone instantly liked the clone more and I was envious of the clone

4 Likes

Almost certainly