Closing Threads

What are the guidelines on this?

Any banjo chat, instant closing.

Shut it down, mods

which banjo?

ban request

Open all the doors and let you out into the world.

I was just about to post a selfie in that thread too.

Oh well.

Friday selfie thread

apparently it’s if women post things about men being sexist and it upsets them

Your heart was in the right place - I think Friday Selfies are usually a positive thing.

I got you, bro

Not at all.

well what was the reason?

I don’t even know if I can believe the banjo is gone

I closed that thread because it was suggested to me and it seemed like a good suggestion. Everyone seemed like they’d said their piece and it didn’t seem particularly constructive to keep it going. If one of the mods want to reopen it then go ahead; likewise you have the power to reopen it as well. I’m not going to go in and re-close it after you if you feel like I’ve been premature.

I told you not to post that here.

Prior to that, I closed a thread three days ago that was some kind of armed killer pun interface thread, and moved it to the Lounge. And I closed a quickfire banal thread because I said I was going to close it at 7pm.

yeah you’re basically deciding that other people no longer get to speak in that situation though. I think if you’re going to close down a conversation you should have some justification. why not close every thread that seems to have covered the topic in full?

Probably because it’s verging on a mod bullying someone because of past actions.

All well and good to pick him up on it, but jesus, your posts recently have become very Master/Servant in tone.