Closing topics

Starting topics then closing them on a whim when they don’t go how they want

Posting shit like that.

While accepting £600 a month in donations

Acceptable?

yeah, it’s his website, can do what he wants. I’d be banning people every day if I ran this circus

4 Likes

Me too

Yeah kinda agree without the donations bit

6 Likes

lots of places where you pay for a service you don’t get a say in ‘management decisions’. People are free to stop donating or leave though :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah they are

!discobot would still be here

11 Likes

Yeah, I get that that thread was getting heated and dividing people but you can’t just shut it down without any comment. This is how stuff builds up and bubbles under then you get big unresolved arguments coming to a head elsewhere. We’re all adults, we can disagree on stuff and not need to be sent out to think about what we’ve done.

5 Likes

Seemed a fairly pointless topic to discuss though.

1 Like

why hast thou forsaken me @discobot

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Discussing pointless topics is the lifeblood of this forum

5 Likes

shut it

2 Likes

I mean look at us here!

Agreed and two topics were started on it linked to social media posts

1 Like

I tried reading it and it was just excruciating so I dunno.

I don’t really care too much about locked topics TBH but obviously I get very frustrated if I didn’t get in my zinger response to someone being a wrong.

The topics had become very off topic and rather than banning people (I think Ive only banned 3 people in 21 years) it seemed best to allow people to start new threads if they wanted to discuss their whataboutery slippery slope nonsense

2 Likes

Isn’t he liable (as his name’s on the contract etc) if any of us go off libelling and they can’t work out who we are?

Also I don’t believe the donations cover all the costs.

1 Like

Hi! Just stopping by to say I will be around for this tomorrow, just gone to bed now. Hope everyone (literaly not talking about anyone specific, just EVERYONE) can try to keep it civil until then. As always, you’re all very welcome to flag points or DM me/@moderators with any issue.

Good night and see you tomorrow (hopefully, unless the forum has imploded by then)

6 Likes